Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133480
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?" Previous topic | Next topic
fullmoonMar-25-11 11:03 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133499, "RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?"
In response to In response to 6

Originally posted by streetlightning
ill say this once.. NO, you didnt find a big Ol loop hole.. why? b/c there is none.. the last one that existed was in 06 when they crushed the out of state/student registration re-tension.... and 2. IF you have key'd hood locks, and u refuse to consent to search and unlock them, they will get a field warrnt to search it..its an extremely common thing to the point that all they have to do is call the watch commander to issue it (i know it comes from a judge, but they have a blanket one that they can apply, thus they just need to fill in your name)..the laws are very simple now. 1 YOU NEED carb STICKERS AND PAPER WORK FOR PARTS IF YOU MODIFY. if you dont have these, its simply illeagal 2. your car is Exempt IF its made before 71 (i belive) i know its the 70's for sure . Your car is not. ANd 3. NO, slapping a 70s exempt motor in the car will not make the car exempt. it will make it unregistered.. and finally, your car is not rare, nor is itspecial in any way as defined by cali to make it exempt.via special interest.. Dude, belive me , i tried for 3 yrs to find "loop holes".. this is how they make their cash...u seriously think you outsmarted a team of highly paid lawyers.. you didnt.. youve clearly mis read or mis interpreted.. And fyi, IF you found some smog place that will "pass " it for you, 2 things to consider. 1. at any time if u get pulled over and officer has reasonable suspicion ( if he sees an aftermarket gauge or even aftermarket exhaust) he can make you go to the refferee.. which means he can impound on the spot.. it happend to my civic, i had legit carb stickers, but smog was bribed. needless to say car was impounded . 2.. you realize smog places are sanctioned by the state, so if they are shady , lucky you for finding one, but since most arnt, they may be trying to play you.. they do get a reward for turning ppl in, just like the IRS...afterall you are asking them to falsify a STATE document... my suggestion, get a gst. its quick, its turbo and its legal. EVO engine swap! kid seriously... go by a gst. if you even for one second think you can swap that in (no impossible, just really stupid).. much less have it be legal.. then its clear you have no clue about the car , or laws.. check yourself before you wreck yourself. i on the other hand am trying to be discouraging.. b/c well, its simply not going to happen, so move on. your not going to have a legal and fast 420a in cali. Done. wheres the ban icon when i need it.. lol

The law only applies to those who live in the state I do not and there is nothing they can do about it. I only drive my car a few times a year in the state. I have iorn clad proof.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need? [View all] , fullmoon, Mar-24-11 01:25 PM
  RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, Fotowntalon, Mar-24-11 11:37 PM, #1
RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 07:38 AM, #2
      RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, Fotowntalon, Mar-25-11 09:10 AM, #3
      RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, Wes Tank, Mar-25-11 09:11 AM, #4
           RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 09:27 AM, #5
                RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, streetlightning, Mar-25-11 10:26 AM, #6
                     RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 11:03 AM #7
                          RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 11:07 AM, #8
                          RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-25-11 11:11 AM, #9
                               RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 11:19 AM, #10
                                    RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 06:17 PM, #16
                                         RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Mar-26-11 02:37 PM, #17
                                              RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-26-11 02:45 PM, #18
                          RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, streetlightning, Mar-25-11 11:23 AM, #11
                               RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 12:33 PM, #12
                                    RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, streetlightning, Mar-25-11 02:30 PM, #14
                                         RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-25-11 06:08 PM, #15
RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, Guinness97, Mar-25-11 02:12 PM, #13
RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, ez, Mar-28-11 05:32 PM, #19
      RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-28-11 07:45 PM, #20
           RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, Fotowntalon, Mar-28-11 09:55 PM, #21
                RE: What's the best parts do you guys think I'll need?, fullmoon, Mar-28-11 10:02 PM, #22

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133480 Previous topic | Next topic