Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Good Guys topic #126
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: gilee_8" Previous topic | Next topic
96EclipsedJan-20-04 07:18 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#281, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to In response to 5
Jan-20-04 07:23 AM by 96Eclipsed

I did not want to write anything bad necessarily, because I did get the parts in a timely manner. However I do have a few issues with the order.

Here is the original post:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=30275&mesg_id=30275&page=

My first issue is the Calipers tehmselves. I did get two and they were wrapped up as if new. One did look like it was new, the other however was a greenish metallic color with yellow paint globs. I did not have time to take pictures as I need to paint them and get them on the car. If you look in the topic on the very second post he posts a picture that states:

"EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THIS PICTURE ONLY EXCEPT the TWO ROUND METAL, call rotors. (*edit* oh, the rug & toe is not included" The picture itself is of two calipers, Packaging for pads with "EBC" on the front, and two rotors which aren't a part of the deal.

He should have checked the calipers before sending them out. I had NOT planned on painting them as I liked the aluminum/silver look of the calipers he posted later in the topic:

That is what I expected to get, that is not what I got.

The second issue is with the pads. What I got were not the ones in the picture. While it's not a big deal, I still feel that if you advertise something you need to stick with it. If it changes then you need to make sure you tell your customers that there are changes.

the third issue is with packing. I recieved the calipers in box that was inside a box. Fine, but the calipers themselves were free to roll around inside the thier box. Each Caliper was wrapped in plastic with the pads in the clips and supposedly a small piece of styrefoam to keep the pads in place. However during the cross country trip the foam came out as did the pads. On two of the pds the backing plate came off...To me that is not good packaging. Even stuffing the box with the caliper with newspaper would have been better...

Right now, I am just hoping they fit and work.

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

gilee_8 [View all] , 96eclipse2nr, Sep-04-03 08:44 AM
  RE: gilee_8, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-20-03 04:19 PM, #1
RE: gilee_8, Kiku, Dec-28-03 02:14 PM, #2
      RE: gilee_8, CrashedMax, Dec-30-03 07:33 AM, #3
           RE: gilee_8, sonikbewm, Dec-30-03 12:40 PM, #4
                RE: gilee_8, Kiku, Jan-11-04 08:51 AM, #6
RE: gilee_8, gilee_8, Dec-30-03 08:21 PM, #5
RE: gilee_8, 96Eclipsed, Jan-20-04 07:18 AM #7
      RE: gilee_8, drewkivela, Apr-03-04 05:51 PM, #8
RE: gilee_8, freelancefool, Jul-18-07 03:02 PM, #9
RE: gilee_8, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-19-07 02:26 AM, #10
      RE: gilee_8, Fallen4ng31, Oct-18-07 05:11 AM, #11

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Good Guys topic #126 Previous topic | Next topic