Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Good Guys topic #126
View in linear mode

Subject: "gilee_8" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipse2nrSep-04-03 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126, "gilee_8"

well i dont care what 1 person says....the rest of us had great dealings with this guy so he goes in my good guy list. i had 2 seperate transactions with him. both times he got out my stuff as soon as he got the money, shipped it in a timley manner, everything was very carefully packed...not just thrown in a box. i got exactly what i needed/wanted with every order. i think he did a great job with having to keep up with so many parts and people. he was very fair on pricing and transactions went smoothly. thanks again man!

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: gilee_8, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-20-03 04:19 PM, #1
RE: gilee_8, Kiku, Dec-28-03 02:14 PM, #2
      RE: gilee_8, CrashedMax, Dec-30-03 07:33 AM, #3
           RE: gilee_8, sonikbewm, Dec-30-03 12:40 PM, #4
                RE: gilee_8, Kiku, Jan-11-04 08:51 AM, #6
RE: gilee_8, gilee_8, Dec-30-03 08:21 PM, #5
RE: gilee_8, 96Eclipsed, Jan-20-04 07:18 AM, #7
      RE: gilee_8, drewkivela, Apr-03-04 05:51 PM, #8
RE: gilee_8, freelancefool, Jul-18-07 03:02 PM, #9
RE: gilee_8, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-19-07 02:26 AM, #10
      RE: gilee_8, Fallen4ng31, Oct-18-07 05:11 AM, #11

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-20-03 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#196, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 0

YES!

My latest transaction of several with Gil, i purchased a sunroof. I was expecting the actual glass, frame, seal, rails, motor.. he sent me the whole roof structure! As well, he spent more time and effort in packing it than i have ever seen in my life - my turbo kit wasn't packed this well. I actually had trouble opening the box it was so solid.

In short, i am VERY HAPPY with this transaction. Points for Gil!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KikuDec-28-03 02:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#261, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 1

My first purchase from gilee was a set of GSX calipers. He was very timely on email communication, accepted paypal payments, and shipping was ON TIME.

Package received was packed solid, parts were as explained and expected. As you would in Ebay, this was an A++++ transaction!

1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

CrashedMaxDec-30-03 07:33 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
#262, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 2

same here. I split an order with Gil for 30# injectors. I paypaled him the money, he ordered the 8 pack of injectors and kept me posted the whole way. When he got tracking for the order, when he received it, and when he sent my injectors out. I'll definately be getting the GSX calipers from him too......if he still has them when I'm ready.

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

sonikbewmDec-30-03 12:40 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#264, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 3

I had an excellent experience buying the GSX calipers from him as well. I paypal'ed him the money and within a week I had the calipers sitting in my room.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

KikuJan-11-04 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#269, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 4

Another great transaction done. After I got the gsx calipers, saw that he had the gsx rotors available too. Paypal him the money, and received the brand-new rotors on my doorsteps in no time.

Also keept up great communication via email as to when the product would arrive (together with fedex tracking number!).

A++ again.
1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

gilee_8Dec-30-03 08:21 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#265, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 0

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
I am very happy to see all these good response!
THANKS! I greatly apprecaited!
Gil

I will keep this up

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

96EclipsedJan-20-04 07:18 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
#281, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-20-04 07:23 AM by 96Eclipsed

I did not want to write anything bad necessarily, because I did get the parts in a timely manner. However I do have a few issues with the order.

Here is the original post:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=30275&mesg_id=30275&page=

My first issue is the Calipers tehmselves. I did get two and they were wrapped up as if new. One did look like it was new, the other however was a greenish metallic color with yellow paint globs. I did not have time to take pictures as I need to paint them and get them on the car. If you look in the topic on the very second post he posts a picture that states:

"EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THIS PICTURE ONLY EXCEPT the TWO ROUND METAL, call rotors. (*edit* oh, the rug & toe is not included" The picture itself is of two calipers, Packaging for pads with "EBC" on the front, and two rotors which aren't a part of the deal.

He should have checked the calipers before sending them out. I had NOT planned on painting them as I liked the aluminum/silver look of the calipers he posted later in the topic:

That is what I expected to get, that is not what I got.

The second issue is with the pads. What I got were not the ones in the picture. While it's not a big deal, I still feel that if you advertise something you need to stick with it. If it changes then you need to make sure you tell your customers that there are changes.

the third issue is with packing. I recieved the calipers in box that was inside a box. Fine, but the calipers themselves were free to roll around inside the thier box. Each Caliper was wrapped in plastic with the pads in the clips and supposedly a small piece of styrefoam to keep the pads in place. However during the cross country trip the foam came out as did the pads. On two of the pds the backing plate came off...To me that is not good packaging. Even stuffing the box with the caliper with newspaper would have been better...

Right now, I am just hoping they fit and work.

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

drewkivelaApr-03-04 05:51 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
259 posts,
#412, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 7

gil is a great guy,
he has a no bs way of going about business that i appreciate.
the gsx calipers are very nice, brand new as he said they would be.
the calipers arrived when he said they would.
i would definitely do business with him again.
-drew

freelancefoolJul-18-07 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#1207, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 0

I purchased two seperate items from gilee_8. Both times the prices were right and he shipped them in a timely manner. Thanks.

My Blog

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-19-07 02:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#1208, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 9

Gil hooked me up with a passenger side door handle and let me pay him at a later date since I did not have the money at the time. Gil is a great person to do business with.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Fallen4ng31Oct-18-07 05:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#1224, "RE: gilee_8"
In response to Reply # 10

I bought the complete engine from Gil's GS part out. It took a while longer than expected, But I wan't in a rush so time wasn't an issue. The way he packaged the thing was insane, I've never seen anything packed so well. Good communication for him too, kept me up to speed at all times. I would definately do busines with him again.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Good Guys topic #126 Previous topic | Next topic