Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2628
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..." Previous topic | Next topic
DracasMar-13-04 08:32 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2629, "RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..."
In response to In response to 0

The way I understand it, (I've been reading all of the posts over it many times) it helps out with the 1-2 shift, the 2-3 shift, and it looses its effectiveness after that, and loosing the 4-3 downshift would be the main reason to install a switch. So that you could still have passing gear. I usually turn o/d off when I pass someone, so I don't know if I would even use a switch, but I will probably install one anyway.

The question I have is... If it takes a while for the ECU/TCU to "learn" what it should be doing, then would turning it on and off with a switch cause it to have to re-learn it each time you turn it on or off.

My biggest problem is finding the wire to cut into.

I probably didn't answer your question very well, I just thought I would give it a try.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts... [View all] , jsupetran, Mar-13-04 07:53 PM
  RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., Dracas, Mar-13-04 08:32 PM #1
RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., jsupetran, Mar-14-04 05:54 AM, #2
      RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., Dracas, Mar-14-04 07:47 AM, #3
           RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., python6586, Mar-14-04 11:41 AM, #4
                RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., Dracas, Mar-14-04 10:04 PM, #5
                     RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., ajna_star, Mar-15-04 08:48 PM, #6
                          RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-16-04 02:27 AM, #7
                               RE: torque reduction switch mod...yes I've read asog post and the 2gnt posts..., Dracas, Mar-16-04 03:10 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2628 Previous topic | Next topic