Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3928
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?" Previous topic | Next topic
SynthplayaSep-15-02 05:00 AM
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3928, "Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?"

Yep,

Well, it happened to me..Yesterday afternoon i roll up to my buddies house where him, his friend, and I will be doing an install of my system (at the moment 2 amps and a sub)...we get rollingby wiring everything up fine, all done within a half hour. Then the madness sets in..we turn on the HU, and turn up the music...my one buddy is up front with the HU, while i'm in back testing to see if my Crunch sub is kicking at all...after not even 5 seconds of the CD player being on, i smell something burning...oh no...theres smoke coming out of the sub....i unplug that crap, throw it on the garage floor, and start unscrweing the sub from the enclosure as fast as possible...too late, as soon as i unscrew the top screws smoke comes BILLOWING out..ugh...so after about 6 hours of trouble-shooting and no sound whatsoever out of any of the gear, we call it a day..luckily my friend felt bad for me and sold me his brand new Alpine Type R for 120 bucks (woo!)...they told me to take it into Circuity City as soon as possible...I take it in this morning to my buddy who works there, and he tells me that mad crazy stuff was wrong...turns out that i blew some fuses , wired a few things wrong, and well...i dont know...i guess you learn from experience, and this experience i'd have to learn, cos im being charged up the arse from these mistakes..

Ever happen to anyone else? any other horror stories?

Jim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong? [View all] , Synthplaya, Sep-15-02 05:00 AM
  RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, OZ_GS, Sep-15-02 05:50 AM, #1
RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-15-02 08:09 AM, #2
RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, Synthplaya, Sep-15-02 03:06 PM, #3
RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-15-02 03:16 PM, #4
RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, OZ_GS, Sep-15-02 04:02 PM, #5
RE: Arghh!! You guys ever try to set up a system and everything goes wrong?, a_miller_76, Sep-16-02 02:48 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3928 Previous topic | Next topic