Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2589
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMay-20-02 10:22 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2598, "RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..."
In response to In response to 8

All of 99eclipse's equipment is def very good quality stuff. When i left the DB Dragracing scene last summer, DD(digital designs) was winning more competitons than any other sub out there. I was going to actually get one, but came out of the scene. I had done a lot of research on the DD subs, and they are absolutly very well built. They can handle shit loads of power, and are very, very loud when pushed hard. They are pretty expensive, but well worth it. They custom build every sub, test it, and use the most durable, high quality parts for the motor assembly and the fram of the sub. Is it the very best sub out there? I wouldn't speculate on that, but its def one of my first choices as far as a quality, loud sub. Focal is too very good quality, a lot of auto sound competitors use them and win with them. Nothing really needs to be said about US amps, they have proven themselfves year after year, and still win many competitons, and still get excellent reviews. Their amps will outperform about 90% of other amps out there, if you can give them the needed current for them to operate at their max. The Eclipse HU is also a very good quality piece, their stuff hasn't pyhsically changes too much over the past few years, but they don't have to, their stuff is already top notch. So to sell all of your equipment now would be a waste IMO. You have very good quality equipment now, why bother to sell it and have to buy it all over again, as you will most likely buy the same brand stuff later on anyway. True, newer equipment will look "newer", but will it be "better"? Well to a point, possibly, but how much better? IMO, not much, as you already have the really good stuff. Some serious competitors like to have brand new equipment when they do their cars up, so to them they have the latest stuff to show. Keep what you got, it will sound awsome when its installed. And as a side note, my personal opinion on JL Audio is this. Their older subs and older designs to me were somewhat lower quality, and they really could not handle the power without burning up a coil. Their latest W7's are an excellent sub, very well designed, and are quite loud. Worth the money? I say yes, if you got it, and want the JL brand name in your car. For the money, there are still many other subs out there that will outperform the mighty JL's..Digital Designs is one of them...Ok, i am done for now

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone... [View all] , 99Eclipse, May-17-02 08:22 PM
  RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., TeamXtremeRS, May-17-02 11:57 PM, #1
RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., RSClipse9d7, May-19-02 01:39 PM, #2
      RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., LoudEclipse, May-19-02 06:23 PM, #3
           RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., Moderatorsd_eclipse, May-20-02 01:52 AM, #4
                RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., 99Eclipse, May-20-02 04:29 AM, #5
                     RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., Teameclipse804, May-20-02 05:41 AM, #6
                          RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., LoudEclipse, May-20-02 08:14 AM, #7
                               RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., 99Eclipse, May-20-02 08:46 AM, #8
                                    RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., TeamXtremeRS, May-20-02 10:22 AM #9
                                         just my opinion..., jZa, May-20-02 01:10 PM, #10
                                         RE: just my opinion..., jZa, May-20-02 01:12 PM, #11
                                         RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., Teameclipse804, May-20-02 01:12 PM, #12
                                              RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., 99Eclipse, May-20-02 05:13 PM, #13
                                                   RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., Moderatorsd_eclipse, May-21-02 03:19 AM, #14
                                                        RE: storing car audio equipment, Xtreme RS anyone..., 99Eclipse, May-22-02 05:13 PM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2589 Previous topic | Next topic