Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12557
View in linear mode

Subject: "Crazy Idea" Previous topic | Next topic
BCMFlash811Oct-17-06 09:24 AM
Member since Sep 03rd 2003
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12557, "Crazy Idea"

This post may be rather long winded. Please forgive me.

Basically I was thinking about speed detection and ways to avoid it while driving the other day. I understand speeding is dangerous but people should use their own judgement in what they're doing. There's a difference between going 80 in a 65 and 120 in a 65. And there are some things that can seriously help you avoid a pricey ticket from our friendly state/highway patrol officers.

Here they are:

- Radar / Lasar Detector
- Looking with your eyes
- Not speeding
- Special clear plate cover (has a chemical on it that a camera cannot see through to take a snapshot, but to the naked eye it looks clear)

I was thinking besides just speed detection detection, there are other ways less looked at than the contemporary.

I've seen a read about lasar scramblers where when a police officer tries to clock you with the gun it comes back and reads as an error message. I've gathered from this method that it uses another type of laser signal to absorb the laser instead of letting it bounce off your car, when the signal comes back and is read by the gun it comes up as an error message.

Another idea/theory is that most police cars in America have GPS navigation or at least some sort of transmitter that tells the dispatcher/station where they are. Using a laptop and you're own GPS receiver, could it not be possible to pick up cars in say, a 5 mile radius with GPS signals coming from them. That's the easier part, the harder part would be distinguishing a civilian vehicle from that of a government vehicle. I wouldn't doubt there is probably some prefix or suffix on the ID# code coming out of the GPS receiver that identifies itself to the satellite as a government vehicle.

Maybe I'm just dillusional but if anyone has any further input for this I'd be interested to hear it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Crazy Idea [View all] , BCMFlash811, Oct-17-06 09:24 AM
  RE: Crazy Idea, FlyinEsi, Oct-17-06 09:51 AM, #1
RE: Crazy Idea, BurntRed22, Oct-17-06 11:41 AM, #2
      RE: Crazy Idea, TeamDR1665, Oct-17-06 12:05 PM, #3
           RE: Crazy Idea, BCMFlash811, Oct-17-06 05:28 PM, #4
           RE: Crazy Idea, foggy45, Oct-27-06 05:21 PM, #5
           RE: Crazy Idea, muscle_mitsu, Oct-27-06 07:45 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12557 Previous topic | Next topic