Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12557
View in linear mode

Subject: "Crazy Idea" Previous topic | Next topic
BCMFlash811Oct-17-06 09:24 AM
Member since Sep 03rd 2003
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12557, "Crazy Idea"

This post may be rather long winded. Please forgive me.

Basically I was thinking about speed detection and ways to avoid it while driving the other day. I understand speeding is dangerous but people should use their own judgement in what they're doing. There's a difference between going 80 in a 65 and 120 in a 65. And there are some things that can seriously help you avoid a pricey ticket from our friendly state/highway patrol officers.

Here they are:

- Radar / Lasar Detector
- Looking with your eyes
- Not speeding
- Special clear plate cover (has a chemical on it that a camera cannot see through to take a snapshot, but to the naked eye it looks clear)

I was thinking besides just speed detection detection, there are other ways less looked at than the contemporary.

I've seen a read about lasar scramblers where when a police officer tries to clock you with the gun it comes back and reads as an error message. I've gathered from this method that it uses another type of laser signal to absorb the laser instead of letting it bounce off your car, when the signal comes back and is read by the gun it comes up as an error message.

Another idea/theory is that most police cars in America have GPS navigation or at least some sort of transmitter that tells the dispatcher/station where they are. Using a laptop and you're own GPS receiver, could it not be possible to pick up cars in say, a 5 mile radius with GPS signals coming from them. That's the easier part, the harder part would be distinguishing a civilian vehicle from that of a government vehicle. I wouldn't doubt there is probably some prefix or suffix on the ID# code coming out of the GPS receiver that identifies itself to the satellite as a government vehicle.

Maybe I'm just dillusional but if anyone has any further input for this I'd be interested to hear it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Crazy Idea, FlyinEsi, Oct-17-06 09:51 AM, #1
RE: Crazy Idea, BurntRed22, Oct-17-06 11:41 AM, #2
      RE: Crazy Idea, TeamDR1665, Oct-17-06 12:05 PM, #3
           RE: Crazy Idea, BCMFlash811, Oct-17-06 05:28 PM, #4
           RE: Crazy Idea, foggy45, Oct-27-06 05:21 PM, #5
           RE: Crazy Idea, muscle_mitsu, Oct-27-06 07:45 PM, #6

FlyinEsiOct-17-06 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12558, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't be stupid. Don't speed. Save it for the track.

Buckle up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BurntRed22Oct-17-06 11:41 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2006
183 posts,
#12559, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 1

Isnt speed the whole reason why were all here (to each his own, some save it for the track, i do... but thats me, im young and mommy and daddy can still woop my ass) others, cant NOT admit they have done 80 in a 65

TeamDR1665Oct-17-06 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12560, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 2

I would have to subscribe to the notion of everyone doing some speeding, but as one person who had a radar detector in the car for better than five years and has now been close to two years without one, the best defense against a speeding ticket is paying attention to the road when you're driving.

It's not like cop cars are invisible or that photoradar installations move. If you're paying attention and not driving like a fucktard, you should have no trouble pulling off 10 over.

Now, that being said, if I get a ticket tonight, I'm banning you.

BCMFlash811Oct-17-06 05:28 PM
Member since Sep 03rd 2003
24 posts,
#12563, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DR1665
I would have to subscribe to the notion of everyone doing some speeding, but as one person who had a radar detector in the car for better than five years and has now been close to two years without one, the best defense against a speeding ticket is paying attention to the road when you're driving. It's not like cop cars are invisible or that photoradar installations move. If you're paying attention and not driving like a fucktard, you should have no trouble pulling off 10 over. Now, that being said, if I get a ticket tonight, I'm banning you.

I completely agree with you on the paying attention to the road. I have had a radar detector for 2 years before I broke it. I also drive a beater where its just stupid to have a radar detector in it because I don't want to be even tempted to push the limits in an '89 Tercel.

I'm not condoning anyone to speed. Its just that you know every single person here has exceeded the speed limit by at least 15 mph more than one time in there life.

Anyways my point of the question and theory is just that I thought it was an interesting topic and wanted people's insights into the technology / modification aspect of it. It would just be interesting to see if it was possible.

foggy45Oct-27-06 05:21 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#12568, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 4

you cannot track another gps reciever mainly because the reciver itself is passive and emits no actual signial.
the GPS satalites are the ones that broadcast the signal and the reciver just picks it up.

now you could use a gps tracker to broadcast a realtime signal of someones position to you. however you would have to tag each and ever single police cruiser in your area for this to work.

as for speeding, if you drive reckless your gonna get busted. if you drive in control you can, in THEORY, push the limits and skate by. once again it depends on the speed. gliding with trafic at 80 in a 65, may go unnoticed as opposed to weaving through traffic at 100+.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

muscle_mitsuOct-27-06 07:45 PM
Member since Oct 17th 2006
71 posts,
#12569, "RE: Crazy Idea"
In response to Reply # 3

i just got pulled over by a nh statey after owning my eclipse for about a week...i've never smoked weed in my life but still managed to get my car searched for drugs. radar detector would've been nice...

1995 eclipse, dropped--1981 camaro z28, 360hp

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12557 Previous topic | Next topic