Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
JSep-28-05 07:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11562, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
that red wire should be running to your radio ONLY. if memory serves me correctly, the wire that should be running to the cig lighter is a small light blue wire with silver dots (not to be confused with the bigass switched 12v wire)

Yep, you are Xactly right... that's how it's SUPPOSED to be, but it's not!

Now get this: He's got the red wire FROM the radio going INTO the Cig+. The normal blue wire that is SUPPOSED to go into Cig+ was off running circles around neon spaghetti (as in, NOT on the cig). NOTHING was connected to the Cig+ EXCEPT for the red wire from the radio. I have no idea how the radio ever worked, but it did... just don't see how it got ACC power unless he's somehow reversed polarity.

Fuse was blown in engine bay, have yet to reconnect radio...

Yes, there are indiglo gauges. I believe they're wired through the radio circuit somehow cuz the backlighting went when the radio did. They have NOT come back when I replaced the fuse tho, can only assume the circuit is broken. The thing is, if you look closely @ the above pic... you'll see that the on/off switch is set to off. I've never flipped that switch to on cuz I wanted to go through his wiring first, but the indiglo's DID light up! SOooooooooooooo, that's why I thought they were for the neons he had cuz I'd assume the Indiglo's simply wouldn't light in the above position.

What a mess, still sorting...
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help, radio is DEAD!!! [View all] , J, Sep-26-05 06:16 AM
  RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-26-05 06:28 AM, #1
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, Chamuko, Sep-26-05 08:35 AM, #2
      RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-26-05 05:44 PM, #3
           RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-27-05 02:31 PM, #4
                RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-28-05 07:44 PM #5
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, xposed97, Sep-30-05 02:30 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536 Previous topic | Next topic