Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help, radio is DEAD!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
JSep-26-05 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11536, "Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
Sep-26-05 06:19 AM by J

PROBLEM
===========================

Can someone PLEAZ tell me why you would run the red ACC Power wire that's SUPPOSED to be going INTO the radio & instead have that red wire FROM the radio go to the cig lighter + (positive, I believe... center connector, not outside)?!?!?!?!? The red wire FROM the harness simply isn't connected! It may have been at one time as the wire is frayed, but wasn't when I bought it!

I ONLY have the operation manual and NOT the installation manual. I was unable to get an installation manual @ Pioneer's site. It's a Pioneer SingleCD DEH-P4100 and has an alarm system built into it, which I'm unfamiliar with, that is NOT connected as the car has a Viper alarm instead.

BACKGROUND
===========================

According to Dave's roommate James, Dave was a recovering ricer himself... anyways, long story short: I spent the weekend just tearing (& replacing) his interior & tracking his wires/lines in the process. In the music industry, we call the garbled mess that was his center console 'spaghetti' ... needless to say, I did a LOT of cutting.

The reason why I did all the cutting is cuz Dave wired his car for neons & also had a sub run to the back (& crossover). Well, before I bought the car, he simply cut out all his toys (neons, amp, etc)... so there was a TON of unterminated wires, and it was a HUGE mess! It's amazing to me that it even worked in the first place as many splices & rerouting of power that he did. Come to think of it, I wonder if it's not the reason why Dave said his EGT gauge was bad (Dave thought it was the wiring, but eventually chucked the gauge instead).

Fortunately, yes there's an up side, the car now idles perfectly (didn't before)!!!

Pleaz read post on idle here:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89979&mode=full

HELP!
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help, radio is DEAD!!! [View all] , J, Sep-26-05 06:16 AM
  RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-26-05 06:28 AM, #1
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, Chamuko, Sep-26-05 08:35 AM, #2
      RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-26-05 05:44 PM, #3
           RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-27-05 02:31 PM, #4
                RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-28-05 07:44 PM, #5
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, xposed97, Sep-30-05 02:30 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536 Previous topic | Next topic