Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help, radio is DEAD!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
JSep-26-05 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11536, "Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
Sep-26-05 06:19 AM by J

PROBLEM
===========================

Can someone PLEAZ tell me why you would run the red ACC Power wire that's SUPPOSED to be going INTO the radio & instead have that red wire FROM the radio go to the cig lighter + (positive, I believe... center connector, not outside)?!?!?!?!? The red wire FROM the harness simply isn't connected! It may have been at one time as the wire is frayed, but wasn't when I bought it!

I ONLY have the operation manual and NOT the installation manual. I was unable to get an installation manual @ Pioneer's site. It's a Pioneer SingleCD DEH-P4100 and has an alarm system built into it, which I'm unfamiliar with, that is NOT connected as the car has a Viper alarm instead.

BACKGROUND
===========================

According to Dave's roommate James, Dave was a recovering ricer himself... anyways, long story short: I spent the weekend just tearing (& replacing) his interior & tracking his wires/lines in the process. In the music industry, we call the garbled mess that was his center console 'spaghetti' ... needless to say, I did a LOT of cutting.

The reason why I did all the cutting is cuz Dave wired his car for neons & also had a sub run to the back (& crossover). Well, before I bought the car, he simply cut out all his toys (neons, amp, etc)... so there was a TON of unterminated wires, and it was a HUGE mess! It's amazing to me that it even worked in the first place as many splices & rerouting of power that he did. Come to think of it, I wonder if it's not the reason why Dave said his EGT gauge was bad (Dave thought it was the wiring, but eventually chucked the gauge instead).

Fortunately, yes there's an up side, the car now idles perfectly (didn't before)!!!

Pleaz read post on idle here:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89979&mode=full

HELP!
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-26-05 06:28 AM, #1
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, Chamuko, Sep-26-05 08:35 AM, #2
      RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-26-05 05:44 PM, #3
           RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-27-05 02:31 PM, #4
                RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, J, Sep-28-05 07:44 PM, #5
RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!, xposed97, Sep-30-05 02:30 PM, #6

JSep-26-05 06:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11537, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-26-05 06:29 AM by J

All I could manage was a pretty standard wiring diagram supposedly for a DEH-P4100 from someone on eBay here:

What are these?!? I assume they're to control some neons? (under steering wheel)

Behind radio (loox normal to me)

Xample of neon cut out:

Pleaz help a guy out!
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoSep-26-05 08:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11538, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

the first pic looks like its the controls for some indiglow gauges. does the car have some?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

SPL_EclipseSep-26-05 05:44 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11541, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

the red wire on the back of the headunit should be connected to the 12v+ ACC blue wire in the dash. if it is connected to the cig. lighter center wire, that should work as well (assuming its a switched 12v+ source...and i think it is). double check that the fuse size is correct (10amp if i remember correctly).

as for the identification of the rest of that stuff...i have no idea.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

96eclipse2nrSep-27-05 02:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#11549, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

that red wire should be running to your radio ONLY. if memory serves me correctly, the wire that should be running to the cig lighter is a small light blue wire with silver dots (not to be confused with the bigass switched 12v wire)

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

JSep-28-05 07:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11562, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
that red wire should be running to your radio ONLY. if memory serves me correctly, the wire that should be running to the cig lighter is a small light blue wire with silver dots (not to be confused with the bigass switched 12v wire)

Yep, you are Xactly right... that's how it's SUPPOSED to be, but it's not!

Now get this: He's got the red wire FROM the radio going INTO the Cig+. The normal blue wire that is SUPPOSED to go into Cig+ was off running circles around neon spaghetti (as in, NOT on the cig). NOTHING was connected to the Cig+ EXCEPT for the red wire from the radio. I have no idea how the radio ever worked, but it did... just don't see how it got ACC power unless he's somehow reversed polarity.

Fuse was blown in engine bay, have yet to reconnect radio...

Yes, there are indiglo gauges. I believe they're wired through the radio circuit somehow cuz the backlighting went when the radio did. They have NOT come back when I replaced the fuse tho, can only assume the circuit is broken. The thing is, if you look closely @ the above pic... you'll see that the on/off switch is set to off. I've never flipped that switch to on cuz I wanted to go through his wiring first, but the indiglo's DID light up! SOooooooooooooo, that's why I thought they were for the neons he had cuz I'd assume the Indiglo's simply wouldn't light in the above position.

What a mess, still sorting...
- J

- J

xposed97Sep-30-05 02:30 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2005
11 posts,
#11574, "RE: Help, radio is DEAD!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

easiest solution go to bestbuy and get the reverse factory harness and the harness that hooks up to it and follow the wire diagram. Stay away from the cig wires. never works out. 8 years of mobile exp
http://www.xposed-motorsports.com/tadd.html
I'm only one, but inside my head there are many tring to get out.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11536 Previous topic | Next topic