Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11280
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed" Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76Jul-16-05 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11287, "RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by a_miller_76 A "cap" is short for capacitor.
crossover...

A crossover uses a series of capacitors and chokes to create a multiple audio stream going to specialty speakers requiring only the frequencies produced by the split audio stream.

A CAPACITOR in line with a tweeter removes the bass from that speaker. You don't use a crossover on just a tweeter because you're not crossing anything over (crossovers get their name from the crossing over of frequency responses sent to individual drivers)

Yeah jason if you had those and you put it inline you're fine. And you're correct that caps are also the power capacitors used pre-amp for a cleaner power signal. They are actually the same thing but you're using a 1 farad cap for your amp but you'd use like a 50micro farad cap for your tweets (can't remember the exact number)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed [View all] , jdpilot, Jul-16-05 12:20 PM
  RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, a_miller_76, Jul-16-05 12:56 PM, #1
RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, jdpilot, Jul-16-05 01:31 PM, #2
      RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, a_miller_76, Jul-16-05 02:45 PM, #3
           RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, djtrickee, Jul-16-05 02:52 PM, #4
                RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, jdpilot, Jul-16-05 03:12 PM, #5
                RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, jdpilot, Jul-16-05 03:15 PM, #6
                RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, a_miller_76, Jul-16-05 04:57 PM #7
                     RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-20-05 06:38 AM, #8
                          RE: heres my setup. Advice (stereo) needed, VOTBLINDUB, Jul-29-05 03:16 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11280 Previous topic | Next topic