Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11260
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!" Previous topic | Next topic
ShadowWulfJul-06-05 12:52 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2005
95 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11260, "Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!"

Ok guys, i have a 96' RS. I was robbed awhile back and had everything stolen. Then my motor blew etc etc, and now after the rebuild i really cant afford to replace the aftermarket sound system i had for awhile.
(BTW i did run a search before asking)

A friend has given me a stock Infinity deck (CD/TAPE/AM-FM) and the infinity amp that came with it. However, i cant get the damn thing to power on. I have 2 harnesses (i suppose from the stocker non-infinity that was in there previously) One harness cleanly connects to infinity deck, the other does....what? What is it for? it doesnt plug in.

I also have the large white plug in under my passenger seat for the infinity amp, which is connected. Theres another plug on the amp though, a round plug, that i either do not have or havent located yet (i dont think the round plugs were on the RS?)

What do i need to get this thing to work? Im assuming the round plug from the other connection on the deck to the amp, right? Is there a place to make/buy one for under $130 bucks? (thats a price i saw someone else a few years back quote...) And is that all i need? Hell, i would be happy if there was a way to bypass the infinity amp all together and just run off the deck but i dont think thats possible either!

Any advice on what i should do or how i should wire this sucker in would be very much apreciated.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1167

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed! [View all] , ShadowWulf, Jul-06-05 12:52 PM
  RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-06-05 12:58 PM, #1
RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-06-05 02:32 PM, #2
RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, joeck76, Jul-06-05 02:54 PM, #3
      RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-06-05 03:11 PM, #4
           RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-06-05 03:38 PM, #5
                RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, MCubed45, Jul-06-05 03:47 PM, #6
                     RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-06-05 03:52 PM, #7
                          RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, joeck76, Jul-06-05 04:26 PM, #8
                               RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, a_miller_76, Jul-07-05 01:51 AM, #9
                                    RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-07-05 08:17 AM, #10
                                         RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-07-05 10:54 AM, #11
                                              RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, joeck76, Jul-07-05 03:50 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-07-05 04:10 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, joeck76, Jul-07-05 05:49 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, MCubed45, Jul-10-05 05:02 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, joeck76, Jul-10-05 06:23 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, a_miller_76, Jul-10-05 04:43 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, ShadowWulf, Jul-10-05 06:56 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Stock non-infinity to Stock infinity conversion; help needed!, MCubed45, Jul-11-05 09:27 AM, #19

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11260 Previous topic | Next topic