Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18562
View in threaded mode

Subject: "3000GT Brake swap question" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
darosa4561Jun-23-03 07:08 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18562, "3000GT Brake swap question"

Ok i work at a autoparts store so i get everything really cheap. hears what im doing for the swap after i have 2 questions

i have a 1997 Dodge Avenger but as everyone knows its just like your cars

ok hear goes
FRONT
-97 3000gt SL front calipers
-Slotted Dimpled Rotors for a 97 3000GT SL(race concepts)
-Stainless Steel Brake lines(4 of them cuz of the Double piston) Now the part that connects the 2 steel lines(brake line connector) does that come with the stainless steel lines when i order it.
- 2 caliper Brakets
-4 EBC Green stuff pads( i had these before and loved them)

Rear (i am convtering to rear disck i have drums)
-2 Ebrake assembly Now i heard that the ebrake lines and everything come togeather as a single peice except for the Rotors of course and calipers(is this true)
-2 Stainless Steel Line
-2 Slotted Dimple Rotors
-2 Calipers
-4 EBC green Stuff pads

ok Hears the question
1.Ok if you where me and you had a great discount on parts would you also buy a 97 3000gt SL Master Cylinder and Brake Booster. or just the master cylinder
2. I heard that the fittings on the calipers are differnt is this true, dont forget im getting knew lines. Will the SS lines fit the stock line no problem
3. Am i all set LOL
4. Thank you for anyhelp you would be able to give

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
MCubed45Jun-24-03 03:02 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18564, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-24-03 03:05 AM by MCubed45

why don't you just get GSX calipers then? from what i understand there were some fitment issues with the 3000gt calipers. something about a banjo bolt. like the SS lines for our cars don't bolt right up to the calipers from the 3000gt (i'm pretty sure it was that car). i just know that nothing bolts right up like the GSX calipers.

oh and even if it's dual piston you still only use one brake line per caliper... so 4 lines in all. one for each corner rather than one per piston.

sorry i can't really help you out with the rear... i kept my drums

idk 'bout the cylinders an stuff too. i think the GSX master cylinder was a little bigger than ours if i remember correctly.. not too sure 'bout the 3000gt. if it bolts up and is bigger then i don't see why not.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

darosa4561Jun-24-03 05:10 AM
245 posts,
#18565, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 1

Is thier any differecne in sizes between the 3000gt caliper and rotor then the GSX caliper and Rotor. LIke are they both 15inches and both dual piston calipers

The1BillJun-24-03 06:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#18566, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 2

The 3000GT SL calipers bolt right up, but the lines are slightly different. The 3000GT (along with the 1G AWD DSM calipers) uses a screw in fitting, where the 2G style stuff (like an Avenger/Sebring or a 2GNT) uses banjo fittings. Simpl;e fix: washers. More complex fit: trim the end of the banjo bolt. Just cut a couple of the threads off. Then they fit. So, simply put, get whatever is easier to get. As for the lines, you only need one line per corner. The 1Gs have 2 soft lines in each corner. That's why their SS lines come with 2 lines per corner. Having a 2G platformed car, you need to get the 2G brake line kit.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

TeamDR1665Jun-24-03 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#18569, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 3

as far as the master cylinder goes, I believe the GSX has a 1.0" cylinder, whereas the rest of us got 15/16". Does it make that much of a difference? dunno, but maybe the 3kgt is bigger still? I would think so, but I'm no expert.

darosa4561Jun-24-03 01:27 PM
245 posts,
#18571, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 4

Right now im biggest questions is, is thier a difference between the GSX and 3000GT SL, cuz i can get them both at cheap prices and thier both avaible to me. I want to make this swap as easily as possible, but i want great breaking power for a decent price. So if the GT and GSX both have 15in rotors and dual piston calipers ill go for the GSX

MCubed45Jun-24-03 11:02 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#18575, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 5

lol do you have any idea how fricken big 15" is?? that's not right.

stock front GSX rotors are like 10.75"
stock front RS/GS/GST rotors are 10"
idk 'bout 3000gt rotors.

i have 12.5" rotors in the front (aem big brake upgrade with GSX calipers). this barely fits under 17" rims. if i had 15" rotors i would need 19" or 20" rims

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

darosa4561Jun-25-03 06:22 AM
245 posts,
#18576, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 6

sorry i heard they where 15 i was misinformed, i just want to find out if the 3000gt rotors and calipers are the same as the GST

darosa4561Jun-25-03 06:27 AM
245 posts,
#18577, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 7

Well i just had an idea im going to work today im just gonnna pull a 3000gt Rotor off the self and a GSX rotor off the self and see if they are the same

gilee_8Jun-25-03 06:39 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#18578, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 8

Sup man,
BTW, how much can you get those parts for?
My eclipse's front brake went out a week ago, and it's a perfect time for me to just upgrade them to GSX.

For your store, how much to get the:
1) GSX caliper?
2) GSX rotor?
3) GSX brake pad?
4) Are the brand new? or recondition to stock spec?

Thanks man.
I greatly apprecaited your input and help.
Gil:thumbsup

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

SynthplayaJun-25-03 08:39 AM
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
265 posts,
#18579, "RE: 3000GT Brake swap question"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey, Im going to be doin the swap too soon. Ive been really close to ordering and just getting all the stuff down. Here are the best prices I got:

$105.00 front rotors (brembo)
$85.00 rear rotors (Brembo)
$40.00 front pads (axxis)
$35.00 rear pads (axxis)
$85.00 ss lines

This is from race concepts. I am still deciding where to get the calipers though. I know autozone has em. Also Do I need the rear calipers to fit with the rear Gsx pads, or will the gsx pads fit in my calipers on my stock gst rears? Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18562 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic