Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1519
View in threaded mode

Subject: "any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?" Previous topic | Next topic
GlaciusJan-03-05 12:58 PM
Member since Jan 02nd 2002
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1519, "any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"

Hey guys, I think I'm going to run a megasquirt on my avenger as it throws unteen codes with having the 3spd trans in there and all now. I'm all setup for an 8 injector setup but was wondering how difficult it would be to change over.

First and foremost, actually building electronics I suck at, so is there any place you can buy an assembled megasquirt? Once it is in place (controlling spark and ignition at least) does the factory ecu even have to remain in the car? or can I mount the megasquirt in that location.

Mainly I'd like to just meet up with somebody in the area running this setup, as I'm pretty interested in it, but have no experience with it yet. Have had an 034 setup for awhile now and I like it, but I still feel I'm limited with having no control over my ignition, especially when running very high boost levels.

97 Dodge Avenger
a670 reverse manual 3spd swap, 3400 stall, 2.2 stroker, zex setup, 8 fuel injector setup, t3/t4, turbonetics wastegate, and a slew of other mods to go fast BEST ET: TBD
03 srt-4
Stage 1, exhaust, TB, map clamp, wga and mbc. BEST ET: 12.935 @ 110

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BlueMoonEclipseJan-03-05 01:43 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1520, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Glacius!

first off...with the ms yah you still gota keep the Ecu there(to control AC, spedo, alternator ect), so the codes will stay there...now i thought if you swaped to the 3 speed you could use a MT ecu since all electronics of the trans are gone and the MT ecu does not look for the TCU like the AT one does.....(other than that the ecu swap is pointless because...with the MS MRslick builds you have full spark/fuel control..so no more annoying 6500 rev limiter

Now to get a ready to go MegaSquirt...contact MrSlick to get one made...he does a top notch job and his prices are great..pluss he does the modifications so you use your CKS (crank angle sensor) to control the spark...he also has a 3 bar map sensor upgrade available now (instead of the 2 bar i got or the 2 bar your eic has)...also he can program a matrix with the target A:F ratios so if you use it in closed loop with your wideband it will keep you very close to your ideal setings (i think once the base map is set...i think i got basemap for 750's in mine...gota ask slick again)

On other subject...did you find a way to get a output speed signal from the 3 speed?? if so did it involve swaping halfshafts to be able to use the extension housing that has the speedo sender.....PM me man!!

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MrSlickJan-03-05 06:01 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#1521, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BlueMoonEclipse
Hey Glacius! first off...with the ms yah you still gota keep the Ecu there(to control AC, spedo, alternator ect), so the codes will stay there...now i thought if you swaped to the 3 speed you could use a MT ecu since all electronics of the trans are gone and the MT ecu does not look for the TCU like the AT one does.....(other than that the ecu swap is pointless because...with the MS MRslick builds you have full spark/fuel control..so no more annoying 6500 rev limiter Now to get a ready to go MegaSquirt...contact MrSlick to get one made...he does a top notch job and his prices are great..pluss he does the modifications so you use your CKS (crank angle sensor) to control the spark...he also has a 3 bar map sensor upgrade available now (instead of the 2 bar i got or the 2 bar your eic has)...also he can program a matrix with the target A:F ratios so if you use it in closed loop with your wideband it will keep you very close to your ideal setings (i think once the base map is set...i think i got basemap for 750's in mine...gota ask slick again) On other subject...did you find a way to get a output speed signal from the 3 speed?? if so did it involve swaping halfshafts to be able to use the extension housing that has the speedo sender.....PM me man!!

You got a 2.5 Bar map...
And if your car has ABS, it "should" be possible to send the abs sensor output to the stock pcm... and it "should" think its coming formt he tranny speed sensor. In theory anyhow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

MrSlickJan-03-05 06:01 PM
1120 posts,
#1522, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

BlueMoonEclipseJan-03-05 06:27 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#1523, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 3

Tough luck...i got a no abs model (i basically got the bare bones GS..only thing added was the infinity stero sys over a base model that i know of...

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

GlaciusJan-03-05 07:46 PM
Member since Jan 02nd 2002
76 posts,
#1524, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 4

I don't have ABS on mine either, but that was the plan to get a speed signal. I was actually going to look into using the ABS speed sensor for it. I was thinking (though I haven't check on everything yet) about doing a rear disc swap from a car w/abs, use a speed sensor in the rear and pull speed signal from there, accurate, not affected by wheel spin or anything. I really do have to get something setup though because I want to be able to set the AVC-R to some gear specific boost levels for traction reasons.

Yea, I think I just have to buckle down and find a 97 manual ecu. Then I can work around the EGR, misfire and downstream 02 codes I receive. I still don't have anything controlling ignition, so that'll be next on my list I suppose

97 Dodge Avenger
a670 reverse manual 3spd swap, 3400 stall, 2.2 stroker, zex setup, 8 fuel injector setup, t3/t4, turbonetics wastegate, and a slew of other mods to go fast BEST ET: TBD
03 srt-4
Stage 1, exhaust, TB, map clamp, wga and mbc. BEST ET: 12.935 @ 110

madhatter210Jan-08-05 09:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#1525, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by MrSlick
Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.
Hey when you do your next install in pa hit me up I wanna check it out being as your close and all

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

MrSlickJan-09-05 05:26 AM
1120 posts,
#1526, "RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by madhatter210
Originally posted by MrSlick Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.
Hey when you do your next install in pa hit me up I wanna check it out being as your close and all

I'll be helping DJ finish his MS install, and help him tune it here before the end of the month is my guess...

Lee.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1519 Previous topic | Next topic