Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectany megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1519
1519, any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by Glacius, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, I think I'm going to run a megasquirt on my avenger as it throws unteen codes with having the 3spd trans in there and all now. I'm all setup for an 8 injector setup but was wondering how difficult it would be to change over.

First and foremost, actually building electronics I suck at, so is there any place you can buy an assembled megasquirt? Once it is in place (controlling spark and ignition at least) does the factory ecu even have to remain in the car? or can I mount the megasquirt in that location.

Mainly I'd like to just meet up with somebody in the area running this setup, as I'm pretty interested in it, but have no experience with it yet. Have had an 034 setup for awhile now and I like it, but I still feel I'm limited with having no control over my ignition, especially when running very high boost levels.
1520, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by BlueMoonEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Glacius!

first off...with the ms yah you still gota keep the Ecu there(to control AC, spedo, alternator ect), so the codes will stay there...now i thought if you swaped to the 3 speed you could use a MT ecu since all electronics of the trans are gone and the MT ecu does not look for the TCU like the AT one does.....(other than that the ecu swap is pointless because...with the MS MRslick builds you have full spark/fuel control..so no more annoying 6500 rev limiter :)

Now to get a ready to go MegaSquirt...contact MrSlick to get one made...he does a top notch job and his prices are great..pluss he does the modifications so you use your CKS (crank angle sensor) to control the spark...he also has a 3 bar map sensor upgrade available now (instead of the 2 bar i got :( or the 2 bar your eic has)...also he can program a matrix with the target A:F ratios so if you use it in closed loop with your wideband it will keep you very close to your ideal setings (i think once the base map is set...i think i got basemap for 750's in mine...gota ask slick again)

On other subject...did you find a way to get a output speed signal from the 3 speed?? if so did it involve swaping halfshafts to be able to use the extension housing that has the speedo sender.....PM me man!!
1521, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BlueMoonEclipse
Hey Glacius! first off...with the ms yah you still gota keep the Ecu there(to control AC, spedo, alternator ect), so the codes will stay there...now i thought if you swaped to the 3 speed you could use a MT ecu since all electronics of the trans are gone and the MT ecu does not look for the TCU like the AT one does.....(other than that the ecu swap is pointless because...with the MS MRslick builds you have full spark/fuel control..so no more annoying 6500 rev limiter :) Now to get a ready to go MegaSquirt...contact MrSlick to get one made...he does a top notch job and his prices are great..pluss he does the modifications so you use your CKS (crank angle sensor) to control the spark...he also has a 3 bar map sensor upgrade available now (instead of the 2 bar i got :( or the 2 bar your eic has)...also he can program a matrix with the target A:F ratios so if you use it in closed loop with your wideband it will keep you very close to your ideal setings (i think once the base map is set...i think i got basemap for 750's in mine...gota ask slick again) On other subject...did you find a way to get a output speed signal from the 3 speed?? if so did it involve swaping halfshafts to be able to use the extension housing that has the speedo sender.....PM me man!!

You got a 2.5 Bar map... ;)
And if your car has ABS, it "should" be possible to send the abs sensor output to the stock pcm... and it "should" think its coming formt he tranny speed sensor. In theory anyhow.

1522, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.
1523, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by BlueMoonEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tough luck...i got a no abs model :) (i basically got the bare bones GS..only thing added was the infinity stero sys over a base model that i know of...
1524, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by Glacius, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't have ABS on mine either, but that was the plan to get a speed signal. I was actually going to look into using the ABS speed sensor for it. I was thinking (though I haven't check on everything yet) about doing a rear disc swap from a car w/abs, use a speed sensor in the rear and pull speed signal from there, accurate, not affected by wheel spin or anything. I really do have to get something setup though because I want to be able to set the AVC-R to some gear specific boost levels for traction reasons.

Yea, I think I just have to buckle down and find a 97 manual ecu. Then I can work around the EGR, misfire and downstream 02 codes I receive. I still don't have anything controlling ignition, so that'll be next on my list I suppose
1525, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MrSlick
Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.
Hey when you do your next install in pa hit me up I wanna check it out being as your close and all

1526, RE: any megasquirt familiar people in the Maryland area?
Originally posted by madhatter210
Originally posted by MrSlick Oh, and I'm in PA if you need help... not far from MD.
Hey when you do your next install in pa hit me up I wanna check it out being as your close and all

I'll be helping DJ finish his MS install, and help him tune it here before the end of the month is my guess...

Lee.
I generated this page in 0.0083651542663574 seconds, executing 7 queries.