Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #198
View in threaded mode

Subject: "All this talk about a Mega Squirt!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
widebodiedSep-24-04 10:59 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#198, "All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
Sep-24-04 11:17 AM by widebodied

First of all, after researching all this shit, i wanna say im sold on it, this is the only thing all these threads but no pics.

lets see some pics of the install

pics of the setup

pics of the software running

what size injectors are u guys running?

lets get more marketing info!

and is there a website dedicated to the ms that i cant find?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ModeratorEvuLFleASep-24-04 11:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#199, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-24-04 11:04 AM by EvuLFleA

http://www.megasquirt.info/
http://www.msefi.com/

Install pictures... umm just imagine that box with wires coming from it.

Secondary injectors, huh?

This info was taken from a thread 15 down.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Administratoradmin2Sep-24-04 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
543 posts,
#200, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by widebodied
what size injectors are u guys running? primary and secondary.

It's not an 8-injector setup, though it can be used as such. It controls a set of primaries, and your stock ECU just throws a cel for the injector circuit

It can also do ignition control with the right software and minor hardware modifications.

xtrickedeclipsexSep-24-04 11:10 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#201, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 0

The cool thing about MS is you don’t need stupid 8 injectors, you have a stand four injectors, at a stock static Fuel Pressure of 43.5 psi

You can have whatever injectors you want in your car, that’s what so great. I chose 415cc injectors, because that’s what I had around. I no Mr Slick has like 750cc!

Pics of the set up? Uh, just a box bro...No Pics to really take,

Take a look and www.megasquirt.info

Everything you need!!

---------------------------------------
http://forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=32830
"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"
Http://www.EnhancedMotorSports.com ...

Eclipse2NRSep-24-04 11:19 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#202, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 3

I am so buying this when I build my block next week.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~eclipse2nr/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

grainSep-24-04 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#203, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 4

i have the ms with 780cc.

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-24-04 12:10 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#204, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
The cool thing about MS is you don’t need stupid 8 injectors, you have a stand four injectors

The EIC is a very good setup and worthy of respect. The MS certainly has some great functionality and in terms of total control is superior,but i wouldn't go calling the 034 stupid. Different strokes for different folks.

Lee has said in many threads that the MS is not for everyone and has some level of complexity so to the average BANME! that may is very intimidating. I've been boosting 20psi through my stupid 8 inj's for quite some time now.

It should be noted i will more than likely be investing in the MS once the setup is perfected but had it not come around i probably wouldn't have second guessed the eic.

400whp or bust.

KirbySep-24-04 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#205, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex The cool thing about MS is you don’t need stupid 8 injectors, you have a stand four injectors
The EIC is a very good setup and worthy of respect. The MS certainly has some great functionality and in terms of total control is superior,but i wouldn't go calling the 034 stupid. Different strokes for different folks. Lee has said in many threads that the MS is not for everyone and has some level of complexity so to the average BANME! that may is very intimidating. I've been boosting 20psi through my stupid 8 inj's for quite some time now. It should be noted i will more than likely be investing in the MS once the setup is perfected but had it not come around i probably wouldn't have second guessed the eic.

Here here..

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

xtrickedeclipsexSep-24-04 10:32 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#206, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex The cool thing about MS is you don’t need stupid 8 injectors, you have a stand four injectors
The EIC is a very good setup and worthy of respect. The MS certainly has some great functionality and in terms of total control is superior,but i wouldn't go calling the 034 stupid. Different strokes for different folks. Lee has said in many threads that the MS is not for everyone and has some level of complexity so to the average BANME! that may is very intimidating. I've been boosting 20psi through my stupid 8 inj's for quite some time now. It should be noted i will more than likely be investing in the MS once the setup is perfected but had it not come around i probably wouldn't have second guessed the eic.

Hey man, no hard feelings on the 8-injector set up…I didn’t mean to come off as bashing it or anything...But that’s not my stroke, if you no what im saying lol
I was kinda playing around when I said it…
my bad

---------------------------------------
http://forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=32830
"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"
Http://www.EnhancedMotorSports.com ...

Eclipse2NRSep-25-04 07:39 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#207, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 8

LOL. Hey xtrickedeclipsex, I'm gonna buy a megasquirt in the next couple of weeks as soon as I make sure my head is okay (I will also be ordering a full bottom end kit and a new clutch). I have been reading the MegaManual for the past couple of days. I was wondering about a couple things.

What required fuel number did you get the car running with? What size injectors? How many injections per iginition cycle do we use? Alternating or simultanious injector staging? Did your megasquirt come with the 255 kpa map sensor? Does our stock idle air controller work with the megasquirt? Do you have to tune the VE table to get the car to idle, or is that afterwards? What cranking pulsewidths did you set? How did you set up the afterstart enrichment?

Pardon all my questions, but it would be EXTREMELY useful for us to be able to make a sticky thread or writeup on how to get started with the megasquirt, specifically tailored to our engines.

Thanks for the help.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~eclipse2nr/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

MrSlickSep-25-04 02:44 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#208, "RE: All this talk about a Mega Squirt!"
In response to Reply # 9

I supplied X with a basemap with all the setting sin it that you are asking about

For his basemap for his 425cc injectors I think they are the settings were pretty much as follows:

Req Fuel: 11ms
Squirts per cycle: 2
Squirt method: Alternating

For my 780cc injectors the settings are the same apart from the req fuel:
Req Fuel: 6.2ms

The two settings also have different VE tables.
Give me a day or two and I'll upload pics of all the settings and some default basemaps that will start any 2gnt right up

AS far as idle control, the way I've been doing it and the way I recommend is to let the stock pcm control the stock IAC... this works perfectly... better than stock actually

Any other questions you've got?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #198 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic