Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #6090
View in threaded mode

Subject: "bored stock TBs FS" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSJan-29-03 05:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6090, "bored stock TBs FS"

Well Doug and I are at it again, Im not sure if you guys are interested in this mod at all, but it does make a difference. Here is a description Doug wrote up. It will cost 50 bux for the work plus a 50 dollar core charge. So that totals 100 bucks upfront, and like with the jeep TBs we sell we will refund you the 50 dollar core charge once we get your stock TB back.

I'm boring just the housing before the throttle plate. I do not change the diameter at the plate itself. The ported housing is nearly big enough to drop the stock plate all the way through it. Naturally doing this by hand without an accurate machine to do it will have some variances. All in all it's only fifty bucks shipped. It's cheap, it's something alot of people are already doing only they don't have the tools to do it as well as I feel I can. In all honesty if you have the money to buy one with both a ported housing and a larger throttle plate I would recomend it. However, if you'd like a small upgrade for a small amount of change... (relatively speaking) this is a known acceptable route.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
sinesis333Mar-28-03 01:14 AM
Member since Apr 02nd 2002
474 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9859, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 0

you still have any of the jeep ones available?.....still interested.

~E~ 1999gs
AEM C.A.I./GS-T exhaust/Magnecore wires/Iridium Ngk's/Custom mesh Grill/Upper F/R strut tower bars/TB bored to 55mm/AFX UDP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSMar-28-03 07:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#9877, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 1

yes, we are making them, we are going to go through the people we have on our waiting list first though

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

HadesOmegaMar-28-03 11:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#9917, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 2

oh oh I'm very interested. I just got done port and polishing my head gotta take advantage of it I got my TB out of the engine right now so I could just send it you. Do you use a lathe? What do you bore it to? 55 or 57mm?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

1TuffRSMar-29-03 05:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#9925, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 3

no, no lathe involved, they are hand ported. Ill check with Doug to see if he has measured one of the TBs and get back to you on there size

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

97GoSlowMar-29-03 06:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
450 posts,
#9926, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 0

are you not doing the intake manifolds this time? good luck man... and anyone wondering if this is a good guy.. i can valge for it

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
My other ride is your girlfriend.

sek95GSMar-29-03 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
406 posts,
#9948, "RE: bored stock TBs FS"
In response to Reply # 5

AM i still on your list for the jeep tb setup?? I know I emailed about it awhile back to have u put me on ur list. Just havent heard back.

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #6090 Previous topic | Next topic