Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #85948
View in threaded mode

Subject: "FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order." This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJan-17-06 12:06 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85948, "FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."

I just got laid off from my job today and im up for money badly so if you need a fiberglass box made and or painted, then contact me ASAP. i am willing to make any design for you any way you need it or want it done. just let me know if you want anything.

thanks.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
eclipse_99rsJan-17-06 02:05 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85955, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 0

You should throw out some ballpark estimates as to how much these things cost. Like for single 10-12" subs, 2 10-12" subs, amp racks, nitrous bottles, and the cost of painting. Its just a suggestion, I think people would like to know what they are getting into as far as price goes.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

eclipse982nrRSTJan-17-06 04:04 PM
6314 posts,
#85965, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipse_99rs
You should throw out some ballpark estimates as to how much these things cost. Like for single 10-12" subs, 2 10-12" subs, amp racks, nitrous bottles, and the cost of painting. Its just a suggestion, I think people would like to know what they are getting into as far as price goes.

depends on the design really. single boxes usually around about $55-65 unpainted. if you just want the normal base colors like black, red, white, silver, etc etc its $60 more to paint it for primer, paint, and clear coat.

the more indepth boxes usually run 100-350.

i will post some pics tomorrow of some samples of what I have done and completed to give some people some idea's.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeJan-17-06 04:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#85968, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by eclipse_99rs You should throw out some ballpark estimates as to how much these things cost. Like for single 10-12" subs, 2 10-12" subs, amp racks, nitrous bottles, and the cost of painting. Its just a suggestion, I think people would like to know what they are getting into as far as price goes.
depends on the design really. single boxes usually around about $55-65 unpainted. if you just want the normal base colors like black, red, white, silver, etc etc its $60 more to paint it for primer, paint, and clear coat. the more indepth boxes usually run 100-350. i will post some pics tomorrow of some samples of what I have done and completed to give some people some idea's.

I would be interested in something similar to the old style stealth(?) boxes that mounted in the rear right corner and didn't take up much space, perhaps made out of CF or flat black fiberglass. Hit me up on chat sometime and I can provide you with pics of what I am reffering to...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

JJan-17-06 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#85977, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 3

I've got champagne taste on a beer budget, but this is what I'm wanting...

...I can do the top of the box aka the floor myself (in mdf), but I know zilch about fiberglass. Basically wanting the well molded to level w/ the support behind rear seats. The thing that makes it unlikely for me is the shipping (sheer size), which'd be more than a buttload.

Just like how HondaHaters used to be, but not raggedy. Wanting 2 B able to put plexi across the amps w/ fans & grill over sub so I can use trunk when need be (not very often). Am needing 3 cuft for my 12" Eclipse sub & various Eclipse amps. (Eventually wanting 15")

Here's to dreams, any idea?
- J

- J

eclipse982nrRSTJan-18-06 01:38 AM
6314 posts,
#85989, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by J
I've got champagne taste on a beer budget, but this is what I'm wanting... ...I can do the top of the box aka the floor myself (in mdf), but I know zilch about fiberglass. Basically wanting the well molded to level w/ the support behind rear seats. The thing that makes it unlikely for me is the shipping (sheer size), which'd be more than a buttload. Just like how HondaHaters used to be, but not raggedy. Wanting 2 B able to put plexi across the amps w/ fans & grill over sub so I can use trunk when need be (not very often). Am needing 3 cuft for my 12" Eclipse sub & various Eclipse amps. (Eventually wanting 15") Here's to dreams, any idea? - J

I dont understand that illustration...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AggressionJan-18-06 02:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#85991, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 5

want to paint my car?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

eclipse982nrRSTJan-18-06 03:06 AM
6314 posts,
#85995, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Aggression
want to paint my car?

sure, bring it to me and we can get er done.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

JJan-18-06 04:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#85997, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 7

Is like how Hondahaters was before he sold it. Basically take out spare & brackets, mold the well with fiberglass, and raise the floor of the trunk to the support beam behind the rear seats between the two strut towers. The illustration is simply what I'd do in MDF, showing how I'd recess the sub & amps down below the floor level.

Am looking for trunk spare tire well whatever molded in fiberglass
- J

- J

jst86Jan-18-06 06:48 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
10 posts,
#86005, " FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 8

how bout those sample pictures i am very interested...

i would like 2x12s something facing the hatch/rear of the car on an angle so when you open the trunk the subs are faced right at you.

i want it black... how much is this going to cost me? (estimate) i belive the box will need to be 1 cubic foot for each sub

eclipse982nrRSTJan-18-06 07:10 AM
6314 posts,
#86008, "RE: FS: Fiberglass Boxes, your design, made to order."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by J
Is like how Hondahaters was before he sold it. Basically take out spare & brackets, mold the well with fiberglass, and raise the floor of the trunk to the support beam behind the rear seats between the two strut towers. The illustration is simply what I'd do in MDF, showing how I'd recess the sub & amps down below the floor level. Am looking for trunk spare tire well whatever molded in fiberglass - J

I can go do that for sure.

Let me make you a sketch and email it to you, whats your email address?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #85948 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic