Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1682
View in threaded mode

Subject: "well i installed the sub" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSFeb-23-02 03:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1682, "well i installed the sub"

and its WONDERFUL!!! The wierd thing is that when I first played it in my dad's garage it hit hard enough to rattle the garage doors, but when I get it outside it cant really be heard too well outside the car (w/ the windows up anyway). Inside though it hits hard enough to rattle the shit out of the rear view mirror and vibrates everything. I think im through w/ the stereo system for now, I may add a screen later on (after I go turbo). I do want to thank all the guys who helped me out though.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamXtremeRSFeb-24-02 03:30 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1683, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey that's good to hear. Play around with the positioning of it, try and fire the sub into the corner of the trunk, about 3" away from the plastic trim panel and see if that does anything. You are now oficially addicted to bass, and you will most likey want more and more!!, at least that's what happened to me

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSFeb-24-02 03:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1684, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 1

I already have it in the right hand corner (looking at the back of the car). I still have more room for more bass though. I have the bass level on my headunit set on 2 or 3 and it goes all the way to 8. I have the punch button pushed, but those 6 higher settings will bring hella more bass into the system. Plus I dont have the sub to its highest setting, hehe. So if I ever feel the need for more I already have it

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

BeefGGFeb-24-02 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1685, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 2

I've got the same bazooka sub. It's the same for me. It's awesome inside the car but outside you just can't hear it that much. If the windows are down you can hear it really well though. When I was picking somebody up they said they could hear me from about a 1/4 mile from inside.

You can also adjust the crossover. I've had it for almost 3 mounths and I just now got it set just right. My stock CD player skips though when it kicks hard. I also want to start fixing the rattles too. I don't have money for the dynomat. I was thinking of using bubble wrap packing stuff. Anybody know if that would help?

dudasdFeb-24-02 02:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1686, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 3

Bubble wrap won't help much, the thing about Dynamat is that it adds weight to the surface applied to, thus making it harder to rattle. Not to mention it does have some sound absorbing qualities...As far as moving your sub around, it doesn't make much of a difference, bass is an omni-directional sound as in it is not focused. Mids and highs are directional and that's why you have to worry about imaging and stuff with them. Bass just kinda eminates in all directions..........

1TuffRSFeb-24-02 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1687, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey BeefGG, how did you tie down your sub?? I tried using those damned straps, but i cant get them tight enough for it to not move around. Obviously Im not doing something right, i dont know how to do that shit. Let me know how you have your tied down (ya know how you have the straps going through the mounts and the plastic piece at the top). tia

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

BeefGGFeb-25-02 02:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1688, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 5

I don't like the straps. I can never get them tight enough. Just pull down on the strip straight down. When I throw all my body weight into tighting it, I think I get it tight but I can hear it tip when I corner tight.

Just get it as tight as you can and that should be could. If you have the bass up, you can't hear the tip and it's fine just the tipping is annoying

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-25-02 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1689, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 6

Velcro strips work well..

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

CVedEclipseFeb-25-02 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1690, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 7

haha.. good shit with the system bro.. bass is always fun! and i know how you feel about not being able to hear the bass on the outside of your car.. i have a 15 and over 1000watts running into it, and the only thing i can hear on the outside is rattle... our cars dont have enough space to get the kind of throw for outside bass.. my friend with just 2 10s in an explorer can be heard for miles, but i can barely notice mine from 5 ft. away (im exagerating obvioulsy).. but music is for you and you wont be outside when you listen to it.. have fun.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

1TuffRSFeb-26-02 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1691, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks guys. Im gonna try what GG said and if that doesnt work I will modify the straps with velcro. Would the bass hit harder if I took that cover off, cuz being in the trunk while its on is damn near unbearable, hehe.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

pancitoFeb-26-02 10:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
#1692, "RE: well i installed the sub"
In response to Reply # 9

i have put a borrowed sub in a tube (Bazooka Style?) and the problem was it went all around my back area and it rattles like crazy, well what i did is tied the bazooka front side from side to side from the two bottom pins, and the back side from the two upper pins, it doesn't move much, but still it was loose for me, so i put like bump stops for doors, the ones shaped like a triangle and there you go no moving whatsoever...now for the rattle hmmm }>

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1682 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic