Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectwell i installed the sub
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1682
1682, well i installed the sub
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
and its WONDERFUL!!! The wierd thing is that when I first played it in my dad's garage it hit hard enough to rattle the garage doors, but when I get it outside it cant really be heard too well outside the car (w/ the windows up anyway). Inside though it hits hard enough to rattle the shit out of the rear view mirror and vibrates everything. I think im through w/ the stereo system for now, I may add a screen later on (after I go turbo). I do want to thank all the guys who helped me out though.
1683, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey that's good to hear. Play around with the positioning of it, try and fire the sub into the corner of the trunk, about 3" away from the plastic trim panel and see if that does anything. You are now oficially addicted to bass, and you will most likey want more and more!!, at least that's what happened to me :)
1684, RE: well i installed the sub
I already have it in the right hand corner (looking at the back of the car). I still have more room for more bass though. I have the bass level on my headunit set on 2 or 3 and it goes all the way to 8. I have the punch button pushed, but those 6 higher settings will bring hella more bass into the system. Plus I dont have the sub to its highest setting, hehe. So if I ever feel the need for more I already have it.:)
1685, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by BeefGG, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've got the same bazooka sub. It's the same for me. It's awesome inside the car but outside you just can't hear it that much. If the windows are down you can hear it really well though. When I was picking somebody up they said they could hear me from about a 1/4 mile from inside.

You can also adjust the crossover. I've had it for almost 3 mounths and I just now got it set just right. My stock CD player skips though when it kicks hard. I also want to start fixing the rattles too. I don't have money for the dynomat. I was thinking of using bubble wrap packing stuff. Anybody know if that would help?
1686, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by dudasd, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bubble wrap won't help much, the thing about Dynamat is that it adds weight to the surface applied to, thus making it harder to rattle. Not to mention it does have some sound absorbing qualities...As far as moving your sub around, it doesn't make much of a difference, bass is an omni-directional sound as in it is not focused. Mids and highs are directional and that's why you have to worry about imaging and stuff with them. Bass just kinda eminates in all directions..........
1687, RE: well i installed the sub
Hey BeefGG, how did you tie down your sub?? I tried using those damned straps, but i cant get them tight enough for it to not move around. Obviously Im not doing something right, i dont know how to do that shit. Let me know how you have your tied down (ya know how you have the straps going through the mounts and the plastic piece at the top). tia
1688, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by BeefGG, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't like the straps. I can never get them tight enough. Just pull down on the strip straight down. When I throw all my body weight into tighting it, I think I get it tight but I can hear it tip when I corner tight.

Just get it as tight as you can and that should be could. If you have the bass up, you can't hear the tip and it's fine just the tipping is annoying
1689, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Velcro strips work well..
1690, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
haha.. good shit with the system bro.. bass is always fun! and i know how you feel about not being able to hear the bass on the outside of your car.. i have a 15 and over 1000watts running into it, and the only thing i can hear on the outside is rattle... our cars dont have enough space to get the kind of throw for outside bass.. my friend with just 2 10s in an explorer can be heard for miles, but i can barely notice mine from 5 ft. away (im exagerating obvioulsy).. but music is for you and you wont be outside when you listen to it.. have fun.
1691, RE: well i installed the sub
Thanks guys. Im gonna try what GG said and if that doesnt work I will modify the straps with velcro. Would the bass hit harder if I took that cover off, cuz being in the trunk while its on is damn near unbearable, hehe.
1692, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by pancito, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have put a borrowed sub in a tube (Bazooka Style?) and the problem was it went all around my back area :) and it rattles like crazy, well what i did is tied the bazooka front side from side to side from the two bottom pins, and the back side from the two upper pins, it doesn't move much, but still it was loose for me, so i put like bump stops for doors, the ones shaped like a triangle and there you go no moving whatsoever...now for the rattle hmmm }>
1693, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>haha.. good shit with the system bro.. bass is always fun!
>and i know how you feel about not being able to hear the
>bass on the outside of your car.. i have a 15 and over
>1000watts running into it, and the only thing i can hear on
>the outside is rattle... our cars dont have enough space to
>get the kind of throw for outside bass.. my friend with just
>2 10s in an explorer can be heard for miles, but i can
>barely notice mine from 5 ft. away (im exagerating
>obvioulsy).. but music is for you and you wont be outside
>when you listen to it.. have fun.

Hey are your subs facing up? I think it's all about the direction that the subs are facing, cus mine face up and I can't hear it outside really either. But Eric's subs in a box you can definitely hear. Or maybe I just need a lot more power...
1694, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my 15 is pointed up.. dont get me wrong, i can hear it pretty loud outside, but i put my box and sub in my friends explorer and the sound from outside was ten times louder.. that and the bass was much more clean inside the car.. the main reason why my setup doesnt match up to its max capabilities is because my sub requires ALOT of air space.. my box/trunk isnt big enough to suppport its needs. with the proper box and proper air space, i would be able to get better results. but im more than happy with the amount of bass that im getting. what kind of amp are you running?
1695, RE: well i installed the sub
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OH have you tried facing it forward with the seats down. I bet it will be loud. I have a cheap Crunch Drive amp with 2 RF 10's in a fiberglass enclosure that sits in the spare tire well.
I generated this page in 0.010338068008423 seconds, executing 7 queries.