Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #326
View in linear mode

Subject: "Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiMay-24-06 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#326, "Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
May-24-06 09:12 AM by FlyinEsi

This forum has been dead for like over a week, so here is some discussion...what projects do you have going on?

My 2.3L is about ready to be assembled. I want to get a few more things done, but my budget has been streteched really thin the last couple months so not much has gotten done on it. I still need to buy an engine stand and a thermostat and I'll be ready to put it all together.

I recently got my head built with 272/272 cams, MADD dual springs, and a valve job and port/polish.

I still want to get my SBR header heat coated, exhaust side of the turbo housing heat coated, and I just bought the piping to route my tial wastegate back into the downpipe, and it should be waiting for me at my apartment tonight when I get home.

As soon as all that is completed I hope to throw on the Apex'i coilovers again and since ADR Wheels is screwing me on my broken rim and hasn't replaced it yet, I might try to save up and buy some Axis wheels I have found.

Then a new paint job. Car will be done!

What is going on with your ride?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., EclipseTical, May-24-06 10:40 AM, #1
RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., EclipsedOut, May-24-06 11:16 AM, #2
RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ScreaminE, May-24-06 12:47 PM, #3
      RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ModeratoreclipzGST, May-24-06 02:21 PM, #4
           RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., T_K, May-24-06 02:28 PM, #5
                RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., DSMxTSi, May-25-06 09:50 AM, #6
                     RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., BigBald, May-26-06 05:50 AM, #7
                          RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., Diceman19, May-26-06 06:21 AM, #8
                               RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ScreaminE, May-26-06 04:08 PM, #9
                                    RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., 97eclipse97, May-27-06 03:44 PM, #10
                                         RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., 95 Mitsu, May-27-06 06:46 PM, #11
                                              RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., Clay, May-29-06 04:54 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., FlyinEsi, May-29-06 06:40 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., T_K, May-31-06 01:02 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., kelvinb1, Jun-03-06 09:43 PM, #15

EclipseTicalMay-24-06 10:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#327, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 0

I wish i had all that to look forward to, for now I'm just tryin to pay the car off and enjoy the 1st year with my new toy before i do much. Should have the loan payed off by august or so if all goes accordingly. Plus she only has 30k original miles anway so I'm not trying to go too crazy just yet.

Hopefully over this long weekend coming up i'll quit being a lazy ass and put the hard piping and type-s on if Napa ever decidedes to get my frickin Tbolt clamps in. The pipes have been sitting for at least a month or longer in my room.

also need to do some basic maintenance: oil/filter, new plugs and wires , boost leak test, etc. Needs to be washed/waxed too but it's been rainy or otherwise shitty here lately. At least it is when i am off work and have time to actually spend cleaning and detailing.

I might fix a blown speaker in the rear but i rarely have the radio on anyway. Gotta love the spool of a turbo even if it's the lowly T25.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsedOutMay-24-06 11:16 AM
Member since Mar 29th 2006
81 posts,
#328, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 0

I just brought my RS back to life last week, that was taking up my time. I was planning on getting back to work on my GSX but now there is something going on with the suspension on the RS.
I was working on the GSX while I was waiting on parts for the RS motor but gave up. I bought the car a couple months ago. The motor was freshly rebuilt(stock) but was out of the car. I brought the car home as a rolling shell, the motor and trans was already together and ready to go back in, and the guy gave me a box of nuts/bolts and little misc stuff and bigger stuff too transfer case,Rad.,intake pipes,and misc. hoses,etc. This is my first 4G63 car so the going is slow. I put the motor/trans back in from the bottom(that was fun by myself) but progress was getting slow trying to figure out what bolt went where and what plug went where. I took a break when I couldn't figure out what bolts held the transaxle braket to the block and also when I realized the braket that goes from the mount on the firewall to the trans was not there.
I got a little motavation now that I got the RS running so I guess I'll buy the stuff thats missing and get back to work.

I wish someone into DSM's lived close to me that could give me a hand. Within 2 weeks I pulled the motor out of my RS, pulled the motor out of my GS, put the motor and trans in my GSX and put my rebuilt motor back in my RS and got it running and a bunch of other stuff in between. Its a pain by yourself. I got the motor out of the RS without dropping the trans but had to drop it to put it back in.
Enough rambling I have to go crawl under the RS and see why it feels like its fish-tailing once in a while.
That's my story.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

ScreaminEMay-24-06 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#329, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 2

I am behind schedule as well on my 4g63 project. Mostly because of school/time and not because of money. Back in early March I got the car back together with new ARP's cometic HG, new gaskets on about everything else, timiing belt, acessory belts, injector o-ring seals, and a freshly decked/cleaned head as well as some other stuff here and there. The car runs good and sounds alright minus some lifter tick.

The car refuses to make boost, and smokes a blackish blue smoke when I get on the throttle. The car smoked before I tore it down but not this bad. It also made boost before it was torn down...and that was on three cylinders. I took the turbo to the rebuild man and he said it was fine, normal shaft play, but other than that it is in good shape. So now I am scratching my head and I feel like I've gone backwards instead of forwards.

I havent had time to even pop the hood since mid April due to school, exams, vacation, wedding...you name it. I made straight B's to finish up my third of 4.5 years of my engineering degree and that is an update that means more to me than ay car at this point.

I finally started back to work this week and this Saturday I am waking up early to spend the whole day working on the Eclipse. Starting with a boost leak test and going from there. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

I am afraid my new cometic did not seal properly but then I ruled it out because I have rock solid compression across the board (155). But then in my mind I just keep thinking that smoke is coolant burning off.

I will keep this thread alive with updates...FlyinESI this is a great idea for a post. Sticky Material IMO.

ModeratoreclipzGSTMay-24-06 02:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#330, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 3
May-24-06 02:21 PM by eclipzGST

I need to do my first oil change. I just broke 3k.
If I ever get any money saved up, I'll be doing the WARRTALON/Buschur package. TBE, flash, boost guage and controller. Good for a hair over 300 whp and costs about $1000. Best bang for the buck for an Evo in my opinion.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

T_KMay-24-06 02:28 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#331, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 4

Have plans for an Evo III 16G turbo upgrade but that will be after the summer.

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

DSMxTSiMay-25-06 09:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#332, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 5

The Spyder's going under the knife soon. Jenni has ordered the BC2 kit so that'll be going on along with some new paint. We have some Tenzo R springs wating for some decent struts and a Big 16G and EVOIII o2 housing waiting for more supporting mods. Looks like we'll be getting a cat-back and fmic from Ebay plus other goodies like a Megan downpipe, 650cc injectors, Translator Gen2, GM maf, Walbro 255, fpr, wideband o2, etc. The head also needs pulled 'cause it's in dire need of new valve guide seals. So that's going to be sent off to Polk Performance and get a mild bowl port, 5-angle valve job, and SS stock size valves.

The n/t had been doing great after the new clutch finally got installed a few months ago, but it recently overheated and now has a crappy accleration from low rpms. Some sensor probably went bad from the heat. Plus now it's popping out of third and the clutch master cylinder needs replaced. The radiator also needs replaced before too long because the plastic broke where the top hose clamps onto it, that's why it overheated a few weeks ago but still has just enough to clamp onto now.

Projects, projects, projects! Will they ever end? God I hope not.

BigBaldMay-26-06 05:50 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#333, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 6

My car runs. I have 2 small oil leaks...one from the Return line and not sure where exactly the second one is. I have boost leaks all over the place it seems. I fix one and another pops up. My wideband....brand new mind you....doesn't work like its suppose to. I still drive the car around and i am at 425miles as of today. Soon as the issues are resolved, I will take her to the track where she belongs.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Diceman19May-26-06 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#334, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 7

i have a literal stack of parts to install within the next week or so. clutch, flywheel, walbro, injectors, afpr, battery to the back, scattershield, dsmlink update, change all fluids, front mount, and probably more. ugh.

ScreaminEMay-26-06 04:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#335, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Diceman19
i have a literal stack of parts to install within the next week or so. clutch, flywheel, walbro, injectors, afpr, battery to the back, scattershield, dsmlink update, change all fluids, front mount, and probably more. ugh.

Lazy Lazy Andrew

97eclipse97May-27-06 03:44 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#336, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 9

I don't have too much left that I want to do to my car at this point: install my WBO2, finish the 97-99 conversion, 4 spider center diff, FP2's, and an 11 second timeslip

Currently though, the stupid thing dumped almost all of the oil out randomly, I think it is from the oil pan. After I clean that mess up, it's off to the track to finally get a clean pass in.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

95 MitsuMay-27-06 06:46 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
#337, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 10

Well, I sold my 90 GSX back in February and put the money down on a 06 H-D Sportster 1200 Custom. After a couple months of that shit, I couldnt take it any longer so I took my 02 F150 and traded it in just two days ago on an 04 SRT-4

ClayMay-29-06 04:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#338, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 11

Found a few boost leaks on the injector seals, and recently purchased a small 28 x 6 x 2.5 FMIC. Now comes the joy of assembling custom IC pipes and getting them beaded. After swaping my old T-25 for another T-25 i'm itching to upgrade, maybe a 14b or higher. Hope your not sour over me backing off on your B16g sale awhile back.

95 GST | So-Cal

FlyinEsiMay-29-06 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#339, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 12

New Update...

T_KMay-31-06 01:02 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#340, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 13

pretty!

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

kelvinb1Jun-03-06 09:43 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#341, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to Reply # 14

hmmm updates.....

well i ran my supra smic over accidently, so im back to the stock one, and i got a 2g maf setup but have not installed it yet since i have no fuel control for my 550s. thats about it other then my clutch is stupid again

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #326 Previous topic | Next topic