Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=326&mesg_id=329
329, RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update...
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am behind schedule as well on my 4g63 project. Mostly because of school/time and not because of money. Back in early March I got the car back together with new ARP's cometic HG, new gaskets on about everything else, timiing belt, acessory belts, injector o-ring seals, and a freshly decked/cleaned head as well as some other stuff here and there. The car runs good and sounds alright minus some lifter tick.

The car refuses to make boost, and smokes a blackish blue smoke when I get on the throttle. The car smoked before I tore it down but not this bad. It also made boost before it was torn down...and that was on three cylinders. I took the turbo to the rebuild man and he said it was fine, normal shaft play, but other than that it is in good shape. So now I am scratching my head and I feel like I've gone backwards instead of forwards.

I havent had time to even pop the hood since mid April due to school, exams, vacation, wedding...you name it. I made straight B's to finish up my third of 4.5 years of my engineering degree and that is an update that means more to me than ay car at this point.

I finally started back to work this week and this Saturday I am waking up early to spend the whole day working on the Eclipse. Starting with a boost leak test and going from there. We'll just have to see what happens I guess.

I am afraid my new cometic did not seal properly but then I ruled it out because I have rock solid compression across the board (155). But then in my mind I just keep thinking that smoke is coolant burning off.

I will keep this thread alive with updates...FlyinESI this is a great idea for a post. Sticky Material IMO.
I generated this page in 0.010123014450073 seconds, executing 6 queries.