Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #104
View in linear mode

Subject: "And the motherlover went...." Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterMar-08-03 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104, "And the motherlover went...."

Well the past couple of days I've been hearing strange clunking and minor booms from somewhere in the engine bay everytime I take off slowly. Turbo+rebuilt engine+CM stage 4+12psi=extreme wheel hop=bye bye tranny. All this with only 63k original miles on a 97 and 6k miles on rebuilt engine. Another factor I believe, is because I didn't have the rear engine mount secured to the car. I was bar hopping last night and had my lil brother come pick up the car for me and drive it home. I went to get the car ready for him. I put it in reverse to get it out of the parking lot and it wouldn't go. I take it out of gear and put back in reverse again and it went. My little brother get's about 3 miles on it. He hits a pot hole and that's where he heard the final noises and sees metal pieces and fluid falling from my car. There's the about a hand size piece witht the tranny fluid drain plug attached to it and some gears that dropped out. I'll take pictures later. Now I needs to do some tranny shopping. Anyone know what the expected price would be for a used one?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: And the motherlover went...., 420AYE, Mar-08-03 08:27 AM, #1
RE: And the motherlover went...., DSMRoadster, Mar-08-03 09:04 AM, #2
      RE: And the motherlover went...., Fast420A, Mar-08-03 09:55 AM, #3
           RE: And the motherlover went...., DSMRoadster, Mar-08-03 11:42 AM, #4
                RE: And the motherlover went...., Fast420A, Mar-09-03 02:08 PM, #5
                     RE: And the motherlover went...., DSMRoadster, Mar-09-03 04:11 PM, #6
                          RE: And the motherlover went...., Fast420A, Mar-10-03 04:56 PM, #7

420AYEMar-08-03 08:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 0

that sucks! hope you can take out a big loan or are a rich rapper.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMRoadsterMar-08-03 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#107, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 1

nah, I have money saved up.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Fast420AMar-08-03 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#108, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 2

If your a high HP guy, I would recommend going with the Neon SOHC swap with a 2GNT bellhousing. The 3.55 Final drive and the .72 5th gear will make a good combo for less wheel spin off the line and high overall MPH.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

DSMRoadsterMar-08-03 11:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#110, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 3

I guess it's time for me to learn about the tranny. What does the bellhousing look like and what does it do? Is switching the bell housing something I can do on my own? Don't forget the only thing that I didn't do on my own was getting block bored, head milled and crank polished. Other than that everything else was from reading and you guys here on this board.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Fast420AMar-09-03 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#115, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 4

Read here towards the bottom.

http://www.armond30.com/adp/smartquestions.html

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

www.Fast420A.com

DSMRoadsterMar-09-03 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#116, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 5

since the area around the drain plug that blew off and a couple of gears are well sitting on the garage floor, I believe the differential just decided to throw a party and things just got a littlw rowdy. But thanks man, Armond's page just enlightend me on quite a few things.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Fast420AMar-10-03 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#125, "RE: And the motherlover went...."
In response to Reply # 6

The differential's LOVE throwing rowdy parties! I still have yet to take the last tranny I blew apart but the hole is directly below the differential right in the bell housing. I should take it apart to see what gave.

Car Sold

www.Fast420A.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #104 Previous topic | Next topic