Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectAnd the motherlover went....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=104&mesg_id=104
104, And the motherlover went....
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well the past couple of days I've been hearing strange clunking and minor booms from somewhere in the engine bay everytime I take off slowly. Turbo+rebuilt engine+CM stage 4+12psi=extreme wheel hop=bye bye tranny. All this with only 63k original miles on a 97 and 6k miles on rebuilt engine. Another factor I believe, is because I didn't have the rear engine mount secured to the car. I was bar hopping last night and had my lil brother come pick up the car for me and drive it home. I went to get the car ready for him. I put it in reverse to get it out of the parking lot and it wouldn't go. I take it out of gear and put back in reverse again and it went. My little brother get's about 3 miles on it. He hits a pot hole and that's where he heard the final noises and sees metal pieces and fluid falling from my car. There's the about a hand size piece witht the tranny fluid drain plug attached to it and some gears that dropped out. I'll take pictures later. Now I needs to do some tranny shopping. Anyone know what the expected price would be for a used one?
I generated this page in 0.0085711479187012 seconds, executing 6 queries.