Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88110
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiJul-22-05 01:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88122, "RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by MCubed45
what's the advantage of SS lines? with brake lines you use SS to get rid of flex in the lines associated with the rubber ones. the drawback is that SS lines are less durable than rubber ones because the teflon inside breaks down faster and you hafta replace them more often. so for coolant/oil why do people want SS lines besides the fact that they look neat? i don't think flex in the lines is a major concern like when it comes to braking... sorry if i'm missing something obvious

Hmmm... I've never heard about teflon braking down faster than rubber? Where did you hear this?

As for the rest of the hoses braided stainless lines are superior in every way except cost. Sizes above -3 don't have teflon in them. They wouldn't use them for every hose in aircraft if they degraded faster than rubber (I've actually never heard of them being replaced in aircraft unless a leak is found).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS [View all] , jsupetran, Jul-22-05 08:11 AM
  RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Moderatormicyek, Jul-22-05 08:20 AM, #1
RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-22-05 08:48 AM, #2
RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-22-05 08:49 AM, #3
      RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, MCubed45, Jul-22-05 09:05 AM, #4
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-22-05 09:14 AM, #5
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Moderatormicyek, Jul-22-05 09:51 AM, #6
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-22-05 01:11 PM #7
                RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Kaoz78, Jul-24-05 09:52 AM, #8
                     RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-26-05 02:26 PM, #9
                          RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-26-05 06:35 PM, #10
                          RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-26-05 08:19 PM, #11
                               RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-27-05 01:39 PM, #12
                                    RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-27-05 02:23 PM, #13
                                         RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-28-05 09:08 AM, #14
                                              RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-28-05 05:27 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, lickscissors, Jul-30-05 04:55 PM, #16
                                                        RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, lickscissors, Jul-30-05 04:56 PM, #17
                                                             RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-30-05 06:17 PM, #18
                                                             RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jul-30-05 06:32 PM, #19
                                                                  RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-30-05 08:56 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, HadesOmega, Jul-30-05 09:55 PM, #21
                                                                            RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-30-05 10:54 PM, #22
                                                                                 RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-31-05 02:44 AM, #23
                                                                                 RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, gofaster87, Aug-09-05 06:32 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, freakingbori617, Aug-29-10 08:03 PM, #25

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88110 Previous topic | Next topic