Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88110
View in linear mode

Subject: "Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranJul-22-05 08:11 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88110, "Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS"
Jul-22-05 08:17 AM by jsupetran

Okay I've been researching ths topic and emailing people on here who have this mod to their turbo.

Anyway, since no one really seems to have any heat problems, I've decided to do this right for the first time.

1). My turbo is a HRC Super 16g that comes with regular hrc kits. Now, I want to get the best hose since I've emailed because I emailed Corbin (I think he is the right one) and he has regular non S/S hose and he has to replace them once a year... I'm thinking getting a hose like the one's that come with the HRC oil feed-line because the seem really durable and with stands the turbo's heat very well. However, where can I get one the size big enough to accomodate the coolant lines because I want new lines I am installing to be the same size.

2). Just incase I can't find those high quality hose line that's is like the hrc oil feed line, then I'll just use S/S hoses soo from Jegs.com.

3). So can anyone give some info on the sizes I need. What's the size of the stock coolant lines, and the size of the HRC water channels and the AN fittings I need.

I know this is a lot of information but any help is greatly appreciated. I think those are the issues I've thought of soo thanks!

4). Edit: I knew I'd forget. I forgot who it was I PMed but he actually welded his AN fittings to make a leak proof connections. Well, I don't have access to a welder, so do you think the AN fittins will hold up and not leak without welding? Is coolant more able to penetrate connections then oil or fuel because I have AN fittings on my fuel setup and it's held up well.

5). Also, are A/N fittings pretty much indestructible and heat proof because again, I want to spend money to get a system together that's reliable and I don't have to worry of material dedegradation as a consequence to heat.

Thanks Again!

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS [View all] , jsupetran, Jul-22-05 08:11 AM
  RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Moderatormicyek, Jul-22-05 08:20 AM, #1
RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-22-05 08:48 AM, #2
RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-22-05 08:49 AM, #3
      RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, MCubed45, Jul-22-05 09:05 AM, #4
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-22-05 09:14 AM, #5
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Moderatormicyek, Jul-22-05 09:51 AM, #6
           RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-22-05 01:11 PM, #7
                RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, Kaoz78, Jul-24-05 09:52 AM, #8
                     RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-26-05 02:26 PM, #9
                          RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-26-05 06:35 PM, #10
                          RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-26-05 08:19 PM, #11
                               RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-27-05 01:39 PM, #12
                                    RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, jsupetran, Jul-27-05 02:23 PM, #13
                                         RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-28-05 09:08 AM, #14
                                              RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-28-05 05:27 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, lickscissors, Jul-30-05 04:55 PM, #16
                                                        RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, lickscissors, Jul-30-05 04:56 PM, #17
                                                             RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-30-05 06:17 PM, #18
                                                             RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jul-30-05 06:32 PM, #19
                                                                  RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, willmayo, Jul-30-05 08:56 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, HadesOmega, Jul-30-05 09:55 PM, #21
                                                                            RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, WickedESi, Jul-30-05 10:54 PM, #22
                                                                                 RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, extreme97nt, Jul-31-05 02:44 AM, #23
                                                                                 RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, gofaster87, Aug-09-05 06:32 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: Watercooling MEEE TURBO mate!!! WARNING LONG POST WITH MY THOUGHTS, freakingbori617, Aug-29-10 08:03 PM, #25

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88110 Previous topic | Next topic