Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5296
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..." Previous topic | Next topic
RS_GuyMay-20-01 10:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5300, "RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..."
In response to In response to 0

Jason, what made you choose the Haltech over all the others?

Personally I have been leaning towards the Electromotive Tec-II sinice it has been so highly reccomended by other people. Unfortunately most of them are "Honda People" and they think that "direct fire" ignition is a gift sent to them. They don't realize that 420As have that stock.

Electromotive tech support told me that even though we do have direct fire ignition, they need me to get their coils. They gave me the "our coils are better" speech. At first I was annoyed, and then I realized that I might as well go all the way instead of messing with my 90,000mile old coils.

The software that I downloaded from Electromotive (the actual software used to tune the Tec-II) looked *reasonably* logical and easy to use.

They also have the Tec3 coming out soon (end of summer) and as with all updates, promises to be better.

I have definitely ruled out the MSD, AFC, FPR route... Too many things that can go wrong.. and not enough accuracy (idle etc..).

At this point in time, I simply do not know how to randomly plug in values out of the blue for an EMS. I do not know all the parameters.

As my problem gets more urgent I have 2-3weeks to decide, as by mid-June, my car has to be running 100% full race-ready spec, and I am definitely not waiting for a "ghost" product (I have no guarantees that the Tec3 will be ready when they say it will)

As you can see, I am about to go crazy......

Oh and to make things saucier, I have a few British & Austarlian companies in mind..... ARGHHH!!!!!

Man, that 5th injector is really starting to sound so nice about now........

Guy
RS_Guy

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods... [View all] , RS_Guy, May-19-01 01:59 PM
  A few more things....., RS_Guy, May-19-01 02:05 PM, #1
RE: A few more things....., TeamStan2gnt, May-19-01 03:47 PM, #2
      RE: A few more things....., Jason 95 GS Turbo, May-19-01 05:34 PM, #3
RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..., RS_Guy, May-20-01 10:38 AM #4
RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..., RS_Guy, May-20-01 10:45 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5296 Previous topic | Next topic