Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5296
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: A few more things....." Previous topic | Next topic
Jason 95 GS TurboMay-19-01 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5299, "RE: A few more things....."
In response to In response to 2

I'm the one working on getting a haltech in our cars. There is alot to it, and just not enough time in the days. I got mad amounts of work at our shop, let alone me doing an LS swap into my civic. Believe me though, the Haltech will be installed by the end of summer. I promise you guys. As far as if it will be streetable or not, i can't tell you. It all depends on how large of injectors i go. I want to go 720's but i feel that i won't be able to cut the pulse width's down enough to keep it idleing smooth. I am possibly going to go with 660's though to keep things sane. It has so many controls with it though, that i see no reason why it can't be streetable. It is still based on the same principles of our ecu's, a speed density setup using the map sensor, RPM's, and intake air temp readings to formulate how much fuel and timing advancement to give. If i can match the timing curves of our stock ECU, or come close, the tuning of fuel should not be as difficult. It has a closed loop operation for normal driving to help with the street ability.

In my personal opinion of the tec-II, yes it works on neon's but on the neons it is running, i believe it is the 4 weber carb setup, nothing like a turbo setup. Plus, it doesn't offer anywhere near as many options as the haltech does, and i would imagine it to be just as tough as the haltech to install..but don't quote me on that.

Like i said, i hope to get this done, i am tired of looking at 1400 bux just chillin on my floor. I would much rather see it sitting under my hood.

jason
95 GS Turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods... [View all] , RS_Guy, May-19-01 01:59 PM
  A few more things....., RS_Guy, May-19-01 02:05 PM, #1
RE: A few more things....., TeamStan2gnt, May-19-01 03:47 PM, #2
      RE: A few more things....., Jason 95 GS Turbo, May-19-01 05:34 PM #3
RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..., RS_Guy, May-20-01 10:38 AM, #4
RE: Help! What should I do Next??? Power mods..., RS_Guy, May-20-01 10:45 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5296 Previous topic | Next topic