Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #515
View in linear mode

Subject: "doubt it..." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-30-00 08:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#519, "doubt it..."
In response to In response to 2

I'm starting to think it's the sparkplugs. I know this is horrible per the turbogs bible (where and whatever it may be) but i am running NGK bkr5e plugs, gapped at .050 .. I think the sputtering and loss of power i feel under wide throtle and boost might be due to the wide plug gap and the density of the air/fuel mixture under boost. My local bap/geon tried to tell me that NGK didn't make a bkr7e-11 plug, until i convinced them to call ngk, after which they told a diferent story. I'll have the new plugs sometime next week. Hopefuly that will clear up my problems (i'm doubtful) but i have my fingers crossed. I can't hit full boost and i've never heard my wastegate open because i'm afraid to give it that much throttle because of the way it has been running under wide throttle. It's backfired a few times when i don't lket off it and it starts sputtering, and i really don't like it.

It's also really hard to start. I'm not sure why, but if anyone has had this experiance after a tirbo install, i'd appreciate any input. I have to lean on the ignition for a good 15 seconds to get it to turn over on it's own, and even then it doesn't seem to want to start.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Still not running right.... [View all] , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-29-00 05:21 AM
  RE: Still not running right...., Erik, Dec-29-00 09:44 AM, #1
RE: Still not running right...., TeamWyatt, Dec-30-00 04:58 AM, #2
      TPS, 95ESi, Dec-30-00 05:09 AM, #3
      doubt it..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-30-00 08:44 PM #4
           won't start, 95ESi, Dec-31-00 12:56 AM, #5
                Leon and Darkone, e-mail me your phone numbers would you?, TeamWyatt, Dec-31-00 04:49 AM, #6
                     Sent..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-31-00 07:27 AM, #7
                          RE: Sent..., 95ESi, Dec-31-00 03:33 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #515 Previous topic | Next topic