Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #515
View in linear mode

Subject: "Still not running right...." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-29-00 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#515, "Still not running right...."

Off boost it's fine. Runs great. It's really hard to start, though. I have to lean on the ignition for almost 30 seconds sometime before it starts to turn over on it's own. Under boost, my af gauge starts to spit out .07, then .06, then .05, slowly dropping until i let off the throttle. It also sputters like it wants to die when i give it more throttle under boost. I can't tell if it's getting too much fuel, or not nearly enough. Here's my thought: How well does that walbro actually fit our cars? I'm not the one who installed my fuel pump, so i don't know. 95ESi says that it was "wobbly" at the attatchment to the fuel line. If it doesn't make a good seal, could it build up fuel pressure? A FP gauge is the only thing i don't have, so i can't tell (tire presure gauge on the service fitting? :-] ) But the way it seems to me, that seal might be bad. The fuel pressure might leak back into the tank, accounting for the hard starts because the pump is having to build back up to 47psi. I might account for the bad boosting, as it might not be able to build enough fuel pressure under boost as the fuel is blowing back into the tank. Could it be ? I'm going to check the seal and fit of the pump myself tomorrow.

comments/questions/suggestions?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Still not running right.... [View all] , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-29-00 05:21 AM
  RE: Still not running right...., Erik, Dec-29-00 09:44 AM, #1
RE: Still not running right...., TeamWyatt, Dec-30-00 04:58 AM, #2
      TPS, 95ESi, Dec-30-00 05:09 AM, #3
      doubt it..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-30-00 08:44 PM, #4
           won't start, 95ESi, Dec-31-00 12:56 AM, #5
                Leon and Darkone, e-mail me your phone numbers would you?, TeamWyatt, Dec-31-00 04:49 AM, #6
                     Sent..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-31-00 07:27 AM, #7
                          RE: Sent..., 95ESi, Dec-31-00 03:33 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #515 Previous topic | Next topic