Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100613
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSJun-27-07 07:23 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100623, "RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help."
In response to In response to 1
Jun-28-07 09:23 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Thanks man. You just saved me money right now by going with the 1:1 FMU and a walbro alone.

I figured the turbo would run out of steam higher up because of the exhaust/comp sizes but it should be just what i need for beefing up my dd right now and getting a feel for how the car reacts to boost. Definately, this turbo is for stage I. I'm not trying to accomplish all that much right now on a stock engine. Like i said, i know what i want to run on a built motor but that's for later.

Anybody got any info about my intercooler/cryo2 curiosity?

Edit: I think i'll take the core support out anyway so no big on the fmic. Not looking for anything big right now as pressure drop might be an issue with that tiny turbo. Looking at the write-ups on custom pipes makes me want to do this yesterday. I'll go out on a limb and give the cryo2 a shot for the hell of it. Still, i'd like to know how much it cost to fill a tank. Nobody around here where i live knows shit about shit. Should be cheaper to fill than a nitrous tank right? I could try a paintball place perhaps?

Do you think i'll have clearance issues with that turbo and a log mani? I'm thinking now i might end up doing a custom manifold. Clip the flange off and weld a 420a flange on and change the angle of the turbo flange if need be. I have access to a tig machine now. SWEET! That means as soon as i put my car back together i can get those freakin' holes in my hatch and quarter pannels welded no problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help. [View all] , 2GeclipseRS, Jun-27-07 02:13 PM
  RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., ChloRure, Jun-27-07 03:55 PM, #1
RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-27-07 07:23 PM #2
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., eclipserst3, Jun-28-07 05:25 PM, #3
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-30-07 01:52 PM, #8
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., totaleclipse_05, Jun-28-07 05:33 PM, #4
           RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-29-07 01:23 PM, #5
                RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., Styles., Jun-29-07 01:49 PM, #6
                     RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-29-07 02:03 PM, #7
                          RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., Styles., Jul-01-07 04:39 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100613 Previous topic | Next topic