Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100613
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSJun-27-07 02:13 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100613, "Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help."

Ok then. Been doing research like a mofo drinking mad amounts of coffee to keep me from falling asleep at the comp. Everyone on here that has given me input has helped alot and i have a better understanding of what direction to take. For instance, my exhaust mani has a crack in it and the whole exhaust is rusted/patched and i wanted to spend money to replace it. I woke up to that just being a waste of money if i'm just going to go with a turbo and 3" exhaust anyway. Thanks for beating on me about that.

I've decided i'll probably run a T3 flanged log manifold for a little bit until i figure out how i'm going to go about making my own to produce the results i want. I'll be on the lookout for one in the next couple of months. I shouldn't have problems if it has an external wastegate flange and i block it off properly, correct? Could i thread the block off plate and use an egt probe if i wanted?

This turbo i'm about to post a link to is fairly inexpensive and should get me going faster. It appears that everything is pointed in a good direction. Oil and water cooled. T3 flange. All the bells and whistles i guess. Doesn't specify if it's ball bearing or wet float but i'm assuming it's a wet float. Feel free to direct me to something better if you think this turbo is a waste of my time. I'd be happy to make 200hp on a stock bottom end with this. Spooled has a warranty on everything if i take it apart and something is amiss, i can send it back.

http://www.spooledmotorsports.com/turbochargerspage.php?turbocharger=Used_Garrett%2FAiresearch_TB0363_%28T3_Series%29_Turbocharger

Tuning. Ugh. MSnS systems for $400 bucks on ebay at the cheapest. I still gotta buy a palm logger and learn how to do that shit too. The S-AFC is cheaper and doesn't need a datalogger but when you add fuel, you add timing. Would an msd ignition control box keep that in check or no? Running at 6-8 lbs of boost, should i be ok tuning with this thing? I do plan on getting a walbro 255 and possibly 250-275cc injectors. Would i be ok running it with bigger injectors too? Do i even need them? Throw me a bone. In this case, the bare bones essentials for tuning with low boost and stock cr. I'm getting mixed messages from the search. This has me beating my head against the wall. It's like sitting in a room with 20 different people telling me 20 different things and i dont know what to make sense of it.

Next up, intercoolers. Front mounts on ebay, some name brand are going dirt cheap. What would be THE SIZE to go with to use my 2gb bumper and core with little or no modification?

Last but not least, nitrous is expensive. Due to fwd traction issues, i've decided not to go with high comp OR a wet kit ever on this car. I'll probably never spool anything big enough to need a kick up in the bottom end anyway. I was wondering how practical it is to use the cryo2 system intercooler sprayer and intake cooler kit? How much should it cost to fill up a 10lb bottle? Between my lead foot on the street, auto-x, and a couple nights a week at the track, i need something to cool stuff down quick.

Thanks for reading this and if you have anything at all to add or can point me in a better direction, please do. Keep in mind, my current goal is to just be able to have around 160-180whp and the ability to keep everything in check. I know what i need to run high boost on a built engine but that comes later and to try to get it done now is just unrealistic. I have enough going on with the car now as it is.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help. [View all] , 2GeclipseRS, Jun-27-07 02:13 PM
  RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., ChloRure, Jun-27-07 03:55 PM, #1
RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-27-07 07:23 PM, #2
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., eclipserst3, Jun-28-07 05:25 PM, #3
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-30-07 01:52 PM, #8
      RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., totaleclipse_05, Jun-28-07 05:33 PM, #4
           RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-29-07 01:23 PM, #5
                RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., Styles., Jun-29-07 01:49 PM, #6
                     RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-29-07 02:03 PM, #7
                          RE: Turbo questions. Stage I custom set up help., Styles., Jul-01-07 04:39 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100613 Previous topic | Next topic