Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104643
View in linear mode

Subject: "2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gMay-30-10 12:51 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104643, "2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon"

I have been working on this for a while now and just thought I would throw some info to people that may be interested in doing the swap.

The Front Bumper

Straight forward, get 2ga eclipse headlights or any year Talon headlights and bolt them in.

Mount 2gb Talon front bumper. Done

The Rear Bumper

This one is a little more involved. You need to drill the spot welds off the rear bumper brackets and take the actual brackets off the car. Now that the brackets are off the car you need to drill out the extra holes needed for the talon "middle section" of the tail lights, 3 below the factory eclipse rear bumper bracket. Now you can bolt in all 3 sections of the talon lights. Next you need to measure or mark where the new bumper brackets need to be mounted at(I just marked) To do this I just took the center section out and held the bumper where I wanted it to be and marked it with a sharpie. Once marked you can either weld the bumper bracket to the car in the new spot or you can drill some more holes and just use some bolts and lock washers to hold the bracket in place(I used nuts and bolts and lock washers). Do the same for the other side and the middle.

The Wiring

Now here is the tricky part(and the part I'm trying to figure out with out having to rewire the car and get a new flasher from a talon) Well actually I'm still stuck at this point. I have taken and compared the pin outs and wiring from the eclipse(has only 3 wires in taillight sub-harness) to the talon (has 5 wires in taillight sub-harness) and come to the conclusion(so far)that I can make the parking lights, and brake lights work correctly and run a dedicated turn signal wire to make the turn signal work.......BUT, when the turn signal is also turned on the brake light and parking lights will flash too.

The eclipse has a Green/White wire in pin 7(parking lights), Black wire in pin 6(ground), and a Green wire in pin 4(brake lights). The tricky part is that the Green wire(pin 4) is also the turn signal wire as well.

The talon has a Green/White wire in pin 7(parking lights), a Black wire in pin 6 (ground), a Green/Blue wire in pin 4(turn signal), a Green wire in pin 3(brake wire), and a Red/Blue wire in pin 2(reverse light)

I'm still open to suggestions here though I feel I will need to change the flasher and run a dedicated turn signal wire from the flasher unit(as I don't want to replace the entire interior harness) for the turn signals to flash and keep the brake lights from flashing too.

Thats all I have for now as I'm doing this swap now, I will soon add pics for the rear bumper so it can be understood a little better and also post how I take care of the tail lights situation.(I'm making this post to pretty much ask if you guys have any insight to the wiring, but also help anyone that may do the Eclipse to Talon swap as well because there are a TON of post on doing the Talon to Eclipse. Soon I will add how I have attached the 2gb talon side moldings and also how I installed the 2ga talon side skirts if I choose to do them and not let a body shop do them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon [View all] , Slo2g, May-30-10 12:51 AM
  RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Slo2g, May-30-10 10:59 PM, #1
RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, dalesmitsu, May-31-10 02:26 AM, #2
RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Slo2g, May-31-10 11:01 AM, #3
      RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, dalesmitsu, May-31-10 04:07 PM, #4
           RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Slo2g, May-31-10 05:57 PM, #5
                RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, whtclipse98, Jun-01-10 04:05 PM, #6
                     RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Slo2g, Jun-01-10 10:13 PM, #7
                          RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Slo2g, Jun-02-10 11:11 PM, #8
                               RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-03-10 12:31 AM, #9
                                    RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-03-10 09:14 AM, #10
                                         RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, Moderatorteklein, Jun-03-10 10:02 AM, #11
                                              RE: 2gb Eclipse RS to 2gb Talon, whtclipse98, Jun-03-10 01:30 PM, #12
                                                   Pics of the conversion, Slo2g, Jun-15-10 08:10 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Pics of the conversion, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-16-10 01:16 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Pics of the conversion, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-16-10 01:45 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Pics of the conversion, Babbz413, Jun-18-10 09:14 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Pics of the conversion, Moderatorteklein, Jun-18-10 10:00 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Pics of the conversion, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-18-10 10:29 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Pics of the conversion, freelancefool, Jun-22-10 08:03 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Pics of the conversion, Slo2g, Jun-23-10 08:35 AM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Pics of the conversion, dalesmitsu, Jun-24-10 12:29 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: Pics of the conversion, megaskillz, Jun-24-10 09:26 AM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: Pics of the conversion 2ga talon sideskirts, Slo2g, Jun-27-10 09:03 PM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: Pics of the conversion 2ga talon sideskirts, Slo2g, Jul-16-10 10:57 AM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: Pics of the conversion 2ga talon sideskirts, Ebster1085, Jul-18-10 06:49 AM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: Pics of the conversion 2ga talon sideskirts, Slo2g, Jul-25-10 10:20 PM, #26
                                                                                                                         RE: Pics of the conversion 2ga talon sideskirts, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-26-10 10:14 AM, #27
                                                                                                                              LED mirrors, Slo2g, Aug-05-10 08:05 PM, #28

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104643 Previous topic | Next topic