Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #326
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..." Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsedOutMay-24-06 11:16 AM
Member since Mar 29th 2006
81 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#328, "RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..."
In response to In response to 0

I just brought my RS back to life last week, that was taking up my time. I was planning on getting back to work on my GSX but now there is something going on with the suspension on the RS.
I was working on the GSX while I was waiting on parts for the RS motor but gave up. I bought the car a couple months ago. The motor was freshly rebuilt(stock) but was out of the car. I brought the car home as a rolling shell, the motor and trans was already together and ready to go back in, and the guy gave me a box of nuts/bolts and little misc stuff and bigger stuff too transfer case,Rad.,intake pipes,and misc. hoses,etc. This is my first 4G63 car so the going is slow. I put the motor/trans back in from the bottom(that was fun by myself) but progress was getting slow trying to figure out what bolt went where and what plug went where. I took a break when I couldn't figure out what bolts held the transaxle braket to the block and also when I realized the braket that goes from the mount on the firewall to the trans was not there.
I got a little motavation now that I got the RS running so I guess I'll buy the stuff thats missing and get back to work.

I wish someone into DSM's lived close to me that could give me a hand. Within 2 weeks I pulled the motor out of my RS, pulled the motor out of my GS, put the motor and trans in my GSX and put my rebuilt motor back in my RS and got it running and a bunch of other stuff in between. Its a pain by yourself. I got the motor out of the RS without dropping the trans but had to drop it to put it back in.
Enough rambling I have to go crawl under the RS and see why it feels like its fish-tailing once in a while.
That's my story.

95 GSX
95 RS
96 GS (parts car)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Not much going on in this section..so here's an update... [View all] , FlyinEsi, May-24-06 09:12 AM
  RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., EclipseTical, May-24-06 10:40 AM, #1
RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., EclipsedOut, May-24-06 11:16 AM #2
RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ScreaminE, May-24-06 12:47 PM, #3
      RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ModeratoreclipzGST, May-24-06 02:21 PM, #4
           RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., T_K, May-24-06 02:28 PM, #5
                RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., DSMxTSi, May-25-06 09:50 AM, #6
                     RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., BigBald, May-26-06 05:50 AM, #7
                          RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., Diceman19, May-26-06 06:21 AM, #8
                               RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., ScreaminE, May-26-06 04:08 PM, #9
                                    RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., 97eclipse97, May-27-06 03:44 PM, #10
                                         RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., 95 Mitsu, May-27-06 06:46 PM, #11
                                              RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., Clay, May-29-06 04:54 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., FlyinEsi, May-29-06 06:40 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., T_K, May-31-06 01:02 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Not much going on in this section..so here's an update..., kelvinb1, Jun-03-06 09:43 PM, #15

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #326 Previous topic | Next topic