Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46397
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! " Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmJun-21-11 05:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46902, "RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! "
In response to In response to 47

Originally posted by burntheblobs
Any updates? I'm curious to see if this has made any progress. Hopefully yes...

Progress, huh? Hmm, progress? Well, I guess there is some. Let's see I just got a call from the General Manager at the dealership today saying that the 2012's will start being built on July 18th. The District sales manager for the New England area had said it was his best guess that my car would be here by mid to late August, The Corporate assistant said that the best case scenario for seeing my car would be end of August/early September. So I'm thinking I may see it befoe the snow flies.

As far as cost, the cost will be the same as the 2011 (which I knew at 8 weeks. We are at 12 weeks now. Just about entering our second trimester). They have sent me a coupon for a small amount and Corporate has verbally claimed that they would send me something too. I say verbally because they (the assistant there, Josh Holder) refuse to put anything in writing. Mr Holder...wait let me just post up the letter I sent to him today (yeah, another long one. I editted out some info for privacy);

"Mr Holder, it is apparent that I will receive no written contact from you in reference to our conversation on June 16th (with it being the 21st now).

I had requested (in one of our previous conversations on 6/9/11) that you send me an e-mail in recapping what we discussed so there would be no misunderstanding of what was going to happen moving forward. You did not do that either. All that you sent was an e-mail that stated,” Mark, Please contact me once you and your wife have taken delivery of your 2012 Camaro. We will look into what options we have going forward to offset your inconvenience at that time.” This was before we had even verified that I was purchasing a vehicle. In that conversation we spoke about possible options should I want to go ahead and purchase a vehicle. It was left at the possibility of edit details This would only happen as I took delivery of the car and was not a definite of any kind (therefore, I would have to purchase the vehicle to find out what, if anything, you would give me to help offset my “inconvenience̶ . I had also requested, at that time, that I get some verification that someone from the board had knowledge of the particulars of my case. I didn’t need to talk to somebody, I just wanted some verification (through something from their office, not just you saying you talked to them).

This conversation was left at “somebody” from GM was going to contact me and discuss my situation with me so that we could move forward as quickly as possible. This was very clear in our conversation (as it was clear in my conversation with Jim Billings). I specifically recapped our conversation with you, to be sure we were “on the same page” And (as noted) asked that you send me an e-mail doing the same, so there would be no misunderstanding.

I received no recapping of the particulars.

Moving forward to our June 16th conversation. At that time, you asked for my “order number” for the vehicle that Partyka “re-ordered” (their position of using their previous “point” from 2011) so you could move this along. I told you at that time, that I had not been contacted by this “somebody” from GM yet, to discuss my situation so I did not know what I was going to do moving forward. At this point, you disavowed any knowledge of that part of the process. I was understandably upset and suspicious that I was once again being played.

It was extremely clear in our conversation that “someone” was going to contact me and discuss my situation. It was clear that you knew that and clear that I repeated it back to you in a recap. Very clear. And yet you took the position that there was no conversation toward “the other contact” and on the contrary, you stated that YOU were the GM contact. You then insinuated that I was being unreasonable and you couldn’t understand what more you could do for me (a simple sales tactic of turning it back on the customer being the problem).

This went back and forth for awhile with you standing by your statement of there was no other “somebody” that was going to contact me and we never spoke of this. And you could not understand why I was being so unreasonable (“I can’t understand what else I can do for you̶ .

So then I asked “where we were now”. You said that you would give me edit details (still no numbers) and the best case scenario of seeing the car at the end of August beginning of September (they would start building on July 17th. Your date; though I was under the understanding that it would be July 18th). So I then talked about my need to have someone from the board acknowledge that they knew of my situation (throughout our current conversation you told me that this was being discussed with many different people above you. You said that you are in consistent contact with the board –because you are an assistant to the board – even referencing Mr Akerson as a contact). I felt that since you had discussed this with them already, that it would be easy enough for one of them to send me a note saying they have been made aware of my situation. In my opinion, not an unreasonable request.

Apparently it was. You said I should just take your word that you have contacted them. Why? Because you said so. Well, that’s an interesting position, because you told me you did. Hmm, under that thought process I could say that I jumped over the moon and you should believe me. Why? Because I said so.

So after your recap of where we were, I asked you to send me an e-mail going over the points that we spoke about (again, so there would be NO misunderstandings). You said you couldn’t!

We already have a supposed “miscommunication problem” and you still refuse to send me a recap? I’m not sure why you CAN’T see why I am suspicious of this whole process and have little faith in your word. Maybe you’re just being sure of “reasonable deniability” so that you don’t have to be held accountable to any of what you said.

Now as for that previous “miscommunication problem”; I discussed that with Jim Billings and he had no problem with remembering. Unfortunately, the answer he gave I was not fond of. <[b>editted for contentHe acknowledged immediately that we spoke about someone from from GM contacting me. Unfortunately, after that conversation, the Camaro team decided to go through the dealers directly to explain the process and have them contact us.] So I was not able to discuss this with that “somebody” (as well as I was never told of this change as I’m sitting here waiting for someone to contact me). Not a decision that makes me happy, but at least he told the truth and didn’t disavow any knowledge of the process. Hmm, truth.

So I guess that leaves me asking again, if you can please have someone from the board send me an acknowledgement that they are aware of my situation (as you say they are) and give me something in writing referencing our conversation and an acknowledgement of your offer.

Sincerely,

Mark Bullett"

Guys there is zero embellishment on this. This is how it all went down. Yes total disavowment on the "somebody will contact you" step. Yes, refusal to put anything in writing. Yes, big talk about all the people that are involved, yet nobody to verify it.

In my opinion, if you refuse to put anything in writing, the you are hiding something. As you can see from this thread, I am hiding nothing. I put it all in writing knowing full well that they have access to this thread.

I think that they just don't get it. They hurt my wife. They took an opportunity for her to have something that her and her Mom could share and wasted away the time as they rolled the dice to see if they could make it happen. Apologies mean nothing with lies behind them.

{I do want to point out here that Mr Billings gets a pass from this subject of lying. From all my different points of view in checking up on his statements, he appears to be trustworthy. Even when he knows I may not like the answer, he appears to tell me the truth)

So here I stand, with the possibility of seeing our car in a minimum of a couple of months. So let's see that's 5 months total from date of order. Yeah, that ought to soften the blow for my wife in my mother-in-law's death.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New Chevy purchase HELP!! [View all] , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-01-11 01:43 AM
  RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Guinness97, Apr-01-11 08:45 AM, #1
RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , J, Apr-01-11 10:46 AM, #2
RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , RoninEclipse2G, Apr-01-11 12:05 PM, #3
RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-01-11 01:26 PM, #4
      RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Snail_GS, Apr-01-11 05:29 PM, #5
           RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , LD25Delta9, Apr-02-11 10:32 AM, #6
                RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , RoninEclipse2G, Apr-02-11 04:28 PM, #7
                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-02-11 08:20 PM, #8
                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorteklein, Apr-02-11 08:49 PM, #9
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-02-11 11:35 PM, #10
                               RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-03-11 04:22 AM, #11
                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , 740 turbo brick, Apr-03-11 09:36 AM, #12
                                         RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Fotowntalon, Apr-03-11 03:41 PM, #13
                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , LD25Delta9, Apr-04-11 09:20 AM, #14
                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , KaptainMyke, Apr-04-11 09:37 AM, #15
                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-04-11 12:50 PM, #16
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorcs82685, Jun-04-11 01:14 PM, #17
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-04-11 01:26 PM, #18
                               RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Fotowntalon, Jun-04-11 02:23 PM, #19
                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-04-11 05:01 PM, #20
                                         RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Fotowntalon, Jun-04-11 05:44 PM, #21
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-04-11 07:16 PM, #22
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , djtrickee, Jun-04-11 08:04 PM, #23
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-04-11 11:05 PM, #24
                               RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-05-11 02:29 AM, #25
                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-06-11 03:24 PM, #26
                                         RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-06-11 04:06 PM, #27
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , J, Jun-06-11 05:59 PM, #28
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-07-11 07:09 AM, #30
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-07-11 07:04 AM, #29
                                                   RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-07-11 11:13 AM, #31
                                                        RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-09-11 03:31 PM, #32
                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-09-11 04:27 PM, #33
                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-10-11 10:03 AM, #34
                                                                  RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-10-11 10:17 AM, #35
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-10-11 12:09 PM, #36
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorteklein, Jun-10-11 12:13 PM, #37
                                                                            RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-10-11 12:45 PM, #38
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-10-11 01:37 PM, #39
                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-10-11 02:28 PM, #40
                                                                  RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-10-11 03:22 PM, #41
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-11-11 11:26 AM, #45
                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-10-11 04:59 PM, #42
                               RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-10-11 06:52 PM, #43
                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-11-11 10:46 AM, #44
                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-11-11 11:28 AM, #46
                                         RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , burntheblobs, Jun-19-11 07:49 PM, #47
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Diceman19, Jun-20-11 01:14 PM, #48
                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-21-11 05:39 PM #49
                                                   RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-21-11 05:50 PM, #50
                                                        RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-21-11 05:59 PM, #51
                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-21-11 06:10 PM, #52
                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , AdministratorCODE4, Jun-21-11 07:26 PM, #53
                                                                  RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorcs82685, Jun-22-11 07:41 AM, #54
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-22-11 10:19 AM, #55
                                                                       RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , djtrickee, Jun-22-11 12:12 PM, #56
                                                                            RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-22-11 03:37 PM, #57
                                                                                 RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , burntheblobs, Jun-23-11 12:12 AM, #58
                                                                                      RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-23-11 01:06 PM, #59
                                                                                           RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-23-11 01:24 PM, #60
                                                                                                RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-23-11 06:44 PM, #61
                                                                                                RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jun-23-11 06:48 PM, #62
                                                                                                RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , dalesmitsu, Jun-23-11 11:13 PM, #63
                                                                                                RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-24-11 06:56 AM, #64
                                                                                                     RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , chrysler kid, Jun-25-11 01:23 AM, #65
                                                                                                          RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-25-11 04:43 AM, #66
                                                                                                               RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-20-11 05:01 PM, #67
                                                                                                                    RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jul-20-11 05:09 PM, #68
                                                                                                                         RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-20-11 07:43 PM, #69
                                                                                                                              RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Jul-20-11 07:54 PM, #70
                                                                                                                                   RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-22-11 08:15 AM, #71
                                                                                                                                        RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , TeamDR1665, Aug-25-11 03:00 PM, #72
                                                                                                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , Moderatorcs82685, Aug-26-11 04:30 AM, #73
                                                                                                                                             RE: New Chevy purchase HELP!! , RoninEclipse2G, Aug-26-11 04:15 PM, #74

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46397 Previous topic | Next topic