Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47236
View in linear mode

Subject: "While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Aug-22-11 09:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47236, "While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu"

but...

it's not a GSX

and it's not an EVO

nope, not a Galant VR4

and no, not a 3000GT VR4

It was this:

A 2011 Lancer Ralliart, black. The price was very good, quite a deal. Now all 3 of our cars are mitsubishis (Eclipse, Outlander Sport, Lancer Ralliart)

It's not like me to do something impractical like get rid of a perfectly good 2 year old car for a faster/better handling/more expensive one, but something came over me and I just wanted to have a more fun daily driver and be just a LITTLE irresponsible. I was happy with my 09 Ford Fusion. I was a very good car and honestly I'll miss it, but this car is in a whole other league. (Actually, the Ralliart isn't really impractical or irresponsible: cheaper, better to live with, and less to insure than an EVO)

I just picked it up, so no crazy driving for a while, until it is broken in. I did of course give it some throttle, took one long ramp a little fast keeping it at lower rpms, and test out the shifting. It pulls well, good mid range. Handles very well, very much connected to the road without beating you up. I thought the Fusion handled well (I still think it does, for what it is a mid sized family sedan) but this of course puts it to shame. Actually, I think the car is too quiet! It should be louder, it's too hard to hear the engine!

The main thing that is different is that transmission. This car would be heaven with a regular manual, but the dual clutch setups is all it has, so it will take some getting used to. It's like nothing I have driven before.

It is weird because you are driving along witout a clutch pedal, assuming it will behave like an auto at low speed and it doesn't. It behaves like a manual in that you have to be easy on the throttle at low speed in low gear or it will buck; you can't move your foot on and off the throttle rapidly like with an auto and have nothing happen.

Even in drive and "normal" mode, it holds gears a bit long; it actually behaves like I do when driving In sport mode it hates, and I mean HATES upshifting. It will really hold the gear you are in. When it's in manual mode, the paddles are good if you need to keep your hands on the wheels in tough situations. If you use the shifter like I was trying, you'll move it in the wrong direction every now and then because you instinctively shift like a regular manual and it's sequential instead. I put it in 1st instead of 3rd a couple of times (no over-revving, so it is breaking in just fine)

I'll get pics of it soon. Very nice looking car in black, agressive, but not overstated. Sooner rather than later I'll need some all season or winter tires, it comes with summer tires, and from what I read not very good ones either, but good enough for the daily drive until they wear out.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu [View all] , ModeratorVX100, Aug-22-11 09:54 PM
  RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, burntheblobs, Aug-22-11 11:09 PM, #1
RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-23-11 05:30 AM, #2
      RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, TeamDR1665, Aug-23-11 10:48 AM, #3
           RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-23-11 11:39 AM, #4
                RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, ModeratorVX100, Aug-23-11 06:45 PM, #5
                RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, John99RS, Aug-23-11 06:56 PM, #6
                     RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-23-11 08:40 PM, #7
                          RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, Moderatorcs82685, Aug-24-11 05:17 AM, #8
                               RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, ModeratorVX100, Aug-24-11 11:32 PM, #9
                RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-26-11 04:19 PM, #10
                     RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, TeamDR1665, Aug-26-11 07:33 PM, #11
                     RE: While you were at the shootout, I bought an AWD turbo mitsu, dalesmitsu, Aug-28-11 11:08 PM, #12

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47236 Previous topic | Next topic