Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136875
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new" Previous topic | Next topic
bluespunkJun-14-12 01:46 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#136961, "RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new"
In response to In response to 10
Jun-14-12 01:51 PM by bluespunk

Originally posted by fast420a83
Just replace all your sensors and ecu.. That should fix it. lol.. Seriously though.. Your sensors are cheap, and so is a used ecu from ebay. Then you wount have to worry about those things for a while.

Except that he already replaced the ecu and several sensors. If the issue is in the wiring, replacing sensors and the ecu again will not do anything but waste his money. This is especially true if he has gone through the link I gave him and tested the sensor. Further more, even if something managed to mess up the new ECU, he needs to verify that the issue that caused it has been fixed before buying a new one or he will just end up on ECU #4. ECU's don't fail every day, even the 95's. You don't have two go out in a matter of weeks and expect #3 to work out fine without doing anything to find out why. /rant.

Edit: Please don't take that the wrong way. I don't mean to be rude, but just buying new parts without knowing why is how people go broke and still have broken cars. I've played that game and I don't recommend it.

OP, give this a read through:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/4314662

His example is using headlights, but it does a good job of explaining how to verify that the voltage in the system is correct. It also shows how to look for voltage drops and use them to trace electrical issues. Even if it doesn't solve your issue today, it's handy knowledge to have.

If you dig into the first link I sent, there is a link that says "code won't go away" or something like that. Inside that page you'll find:

"The second most common cause of a MAP Sensor code is a Lean Condition caused by a failing Fuel Pump. Most of the time a Fuel Pump will just fail and the vehicle doesn't start anymore, but not always. The Fuel Pump can slowly fail and not send enough fuel to keep the Engine humming along nicely. To check for this, I recommend a Fuel Pressure Test."

Have you verified that the fuel pump is working correctly? A failing pump would explain some of your starting and dieing issues.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new [View all] , chinax esi talon, May-29-12 04:31 PM
  RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, AdministratorCODE4, May-29-12 04:51 PM, #1
RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, chinax esi talon, Jun-04-12 11:29 AM, #2
      RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, bluespunk, Jun-05-12 12:42 AM, #3
           RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, J, Jun-05-12 10:46 AM, #4
                RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-05-12 11:11 AM, #5
                     RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, chinax esi talon, Jun-05-12 01:22 PM, #6
                          RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, chinax esi talon, Jun-05-12 01:30 PM, #7
                               RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-05-12 04:30 PM, #8
                                    RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, chinax esi talon, Jun-05-12 05:19 PM, #9
                                         RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, fast420a83, Jun-14-12 11:00 AM, #10
                                              RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, bluespunk, Jun-14-12 01:46 PM #11
                                                   RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, fast420a83, Jun-15-12 07:58 AM, #12
                                                        RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, chinax esi talon, Jun-19-12 02:44 PM, #13
                                                             RE: cant find electrical problem! please help! please! i am new, anarchy101, Oct-02-13 07:33 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136875 Previous topic | Next topic