Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117343
View in linear mode

Subject: "a fix for this...." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamericrFeb-23-01 04:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117345, "a fix for this...."
In response to In response to 1

With my cams I was RUNNING SUPER SUPER RICH on the bottom end @ idle esp...on other cars (with stock TB the measrure is zero BTW) I found out that due to the size of my butterfly plate in the TB that my throttle was not returning all the way to zero% so I moved the throttle stop in by twisting it with some vice grips (it is a screw) I got my TPs to measure 5.7% @ idle now and my car launches off the line SO MUCH BETTER!!! If I mod the throttle cable plate by shaving some more off it I think I can get it to zero. I think it turns out that if this is all incorrect (assuming fuel maps in the ECU are supposed to measure idle fuel mix @ 0% throttle) that my car is running really rich @ idle (which it was) and lean on the top end (which voltages tell me so) The motor thinks it has throttle @ idle and gives ectra fuel to the ECU but since the butterfly plate is closed hardly any air is getting int he motor and you get a rich mix. It goes oppsite on the top end of the RPM scale. The ECU only sees 75% while the butterfly is all the way open @ WOT and not enough fuel is getting in the mix b/c more is getting in than the ECU thinks.
If you have a bored TB you should really check to see if this is the case. Is your TB stock or not? I would be curious to see if there is a TPS % difference @ idle with a stock vs. bored TB.

Does any of that make sense? I am curiouse to hear what others have to say ...not sure if I am right or not. But I think I might be.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home.com... [View all] , Teamericr, Feb-23-01 03:56 AM
  RE: hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home..., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-23-01 04:07 AM, #1
a fix for this...., Teamericr, Feb-23-01 04:31 AM #2
RE: a fix for this...., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-23-01 04:54 AM, #4
piece or crap datalogger :P, TeamWyatt, Feb-23-01 04:37 AM, #3
RE: piece or crap datalogger :P, Armond30, Feb-23-01 12:09 PM, #5
      I know it does timing, ModeratorVX100, Feb-23-01 01:46 PM, #6
tps mods, Moderatorjuan, Feb-23-01 03:08 PM, #7
      RE: tps mods, TeamWyatt, Feb-26-01 08:00 PM, #8
           Eric R. ...Wyatt...., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-27-01 02:47 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117343 Previous topic | Next topic