Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117343
View in linear mode

Subject: "hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home.com..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamericrFeb-23-01 03:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117343, "hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home.com..."

I have the OBDII data logger and was wondering if some one with one could find out what their TPS sensor is reading @ idle? I think it should obviously be zero but I want to make sure... (I am having trouble with my sensor and I want to make sure it is the sensor and not the TB linkage....

Second...my reset CEL button doesnt work. Do any of you have this prob? Can one of you test it for me? Do something like unplug the EGR solenoid or the TPS or Cam angle sensor and try to generate a CEL and see if the software will reset it.

Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks!

-Eric R.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home..., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-23-01 04:07 AM, #1
a fix for this...., Teamericr, Feb-23-01 04:31 AM, #2
RE: a fix for this...., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-23-01 04:54 AM, #4
piece or crap datalogger :P, TeamWyatt, Feb-23-01 04:37 AM, #3
RE: piece or crap datalogger :P, Armond30, Feb-23-01 12:09 PM, #5
      I know it does timing, ModeratorVX100, Feb-23-01 01:46 PM, #6
tps mods, Moderatorjuan, Feb-23-01 03:08 PM, #7
      RE: tps mods, TeamWyatt, Feb-26-01 08:00 PM, #8
           Eric R. ...Wyatt...., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-27-01 02:47 AM, #9

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-23-01 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117344, "RE: hey everyone!!! a quick question??? (data logger) (PS Michael email me at home!!! (ericr2@home..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Eric,

>I have the OBDII data logger
>and was wondering if some
>one with one could find
>out what their TPS sensor
>is reading @ idle?

It appears not to go below 14.1 on the sensor reading, Eric. No higher than 75-76 or something either, i fI remember correctly. I sent my reuslts to Wyatt after he requested them.

>
>Second...my reset CEL button doesnt work.
> Do any of you
>have this prob?

Okay, I thought this too at first, BUT to do this you have to have th car in the ON position with the car off...meaning the engine NOT RUNNING. Then you go to the appropriate "Codes" screen and press the reset button. It won't work if you try and reset while the car is running. I explained this to Wyatt and I'm guessing that worked for him since after I told him , he hasn't asked about it again.

Can
>one of you test it
>for me? Do something
>like unplug the EGR solenoid
>or the TPS or Cam
>angle sensor and try to
>generate a CEL and see
>if the software will reset
>it.
>

Hmm, campare my numbers here and then ask me if you still want me to do this. I sent a lot of my numbers to Wyatt. He probably has a decent set of numbers from himself, me and maybe you (if you have been comparing notes with him). Try and get a hold of him and ask him. Make sure and post any noteable deviations or things to watch for. Thanks!

Hope this helps bud!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamericrFeb-23-01 04:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#117345, "a fix for this...."
In response to Reply # 1

With my cams I was RUNNING SUPER SUPER RICH on the bottom end @ idle esp...on other cars (with stock TB the measrure is zero BTW) I found out that due to the size of my butterfly plate in the TB that my throttle was not returning all the way to zero% so I moved the throttle stop in by twisting it with some vice grips (it is a screw) I got my TPs to measure 5.7% @ idle now and my car launches off the line SO MUCH BETTER!!! If I mod the throttle cable plate by shaving some more off it I think I can get it to zero. I think it turns out that if this is all incorrect (assuming fuel maps in the ECU are supposed to measure idle fuel mix @ 0% throttle) that my car is running really rich @ idle (which it was) and lean on the top end (which voltages tell me so) The motor thinks it has throttle @ idle and gives ectra fuel to the ECU but since the butterfly plate is closed hardly any air is getting int he motor and you get a rich mix. It goes oppsite on the top end of the RPM scale. The ECU only sees 75% while the butterfly is all the way open @ WOT and not enough fuel is getting in the mix b/c more is getting in than the ECU thinks.
If you have a bored TB you should really check to see if this is the case. Is your TB stock or not? I would be curious to see if there is a TPS % difference @ idle with a stock vs. bored TB.

Does any of that make sense? I am curiouse to hear what others have to say ...not sure if I am right or not. But I think I might be.

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-23-01 04:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#117346, "RE: a fix for this...."
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 23-Feb-01 AT 09:57 AM (PST)

The thing is...that I have an adjustable FPR and I may very well have my idle fuel pressur up to high. Do you think this is effecting my TPS sensor having such a high reading? It's like a steady rock at 14.1, so I'll bet that it might be the sensor as you noted.

Maybe I'll see if I can mess with my idle screw at all?

Oh yeah, I haven't done anything to my TB. It's totally stock!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

TeamWyattFeb-23-01 04:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#117347, "piece or crap datalogger :P"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 23-Feb-01 AT 09:39 AM (PST)

Yeah, you will find half of the functions won't work, or at least we don' thave the right settings in the datalogger.
My TPS is 12.5% @ idle when my AFC says 0%, I am also doubting ignition timing, IAT readings and the fuel trim is totally wacked out. So far, the only thing I would put money on of being right is RPM, Vehicle Speed and, I think O2 voltage is right, but not sure.
I have a bumch of logs I can compare with you. Send me some of yours and I'll check them with what I got.
I'm hopeing we are getting incorect readings because of settings, not because of incombatibility. Good luck getting help from the dsmtuning message board, its seems they just ignore posts from a 2GNA
But, if you follow Jason's tips on clearing CELS it should work, it worked for me!
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Armond30Feb-23-01 12:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#117348, "RE: piece or crap datalogger :P"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 23-Feb-01 AT 05:11 PM (PST)

the sensor readings might be because of the wacky TPS sensor we have (.5V to 3.5V) The S-AFC is designed to allow it, but the datalogger might not be able to.

BTW. Can the datalogger correctly log Knock, Injector duty cycle, and ignition timing retard/advance? I am pretty interested.

have fun!

ModeratorVX100Feb-23-01 01:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#117349, "I know it does timing"
In response to Reply # 5

I think the knock is just looking at the timing and seeing if the car's computer pulls the timing

not sure about injector duty cycle

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ModeratorjuanFeb-23-01 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#117350, "tps mods"
In response to Reply # 1

The ASOG guys have a mod they do for the TPS that you should check out.

http://www.asog.net/wrhinehart/tps.htm

I'd be interested to hear of someone doing this on a 2GNT. Should be exactly the same procedure. Personally, I'm not much into drilling away at pricey electronic bits like TPS sensors, but the ASOG guys all seem to love the mod.

juan

TeamWyattFeb-26-01 08:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#117351, "RE: tps mods"
In response to Reply # 7

I am really puzzled by this.
I have a stock TB too, and my DATALOGGER sticks right @ 12.1% throttle @ idle and maxes out somewhere around 74-75%
Maybe a better way of testing this is to measure actual voltage.
My AFC reads 0% and 100% perfectly with my gas pedal.
hmm. I'd liek to figure this out.I'm hopin gits a problem with the software, I can't see Jason and I both having the same readings.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-27-01 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#117352, "Eric R. ...Wyatt...."
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah Wyatt, it seems strange and now you guys have me thinging about this one as well. What has me even more concerned is the high TPS reading I get off throttle and idle. I tried to screw int eh throttle stop the other night as Eric explained and quickly gave up as it was too difficult to turn in.

If you have any more advice on turning this in Eric, please advise. I tried it with both a needle nose pliers and vice grips. That thing is in there tight!! I didn't want to do any damage so I was careful. I'd love my idle TPS reading to be closer to 5%!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117343 Previous topic | Next topic