Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110670
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: To everyone who has a Talon........" Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaJan-10-01 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110676, "RE: To everyone who has a Talon........"
In response to In response to 0

For me it was 2 things. I was looking for an inexpensive performance car I could upgrade, and one that was beautiful. I had been to my local autocenter which is Irvine. I went to Toyota and saw an alright looking and unexciting Celica GT with the 2.2L engine then visited Honda for a VTEC Prelude. I started to get a little bored and was just going to settle after visiting the Mitsubishi. I saw an Eclipse and found these great ergonomics and swooping center console, similar to the cockpit of the Supra and even took it for a spin, but it was a '96 with about 15,000 miles and costs $15,000 and was in good shape but I wasn't very pleased with the front end. I've seen DSMs before but wasn't that familiar. I've seen this VERY good looking one around the block from where I was living and I mean it was BAD ASS. It was lowered on 17" rims with this deep red color and this awesome front end with a black top, and I was picturing all this and trying to explain what I wanted, but the Saleman had no idea what I meant. I told the salesman that FOR SURE I was buying a car that day and if he found me THE car, then I would be all over it. So he had just about run out of ideas and said let me call the other Lew Web Dealerships for what I think you might be interested in. It turned out that the Nissan Sales Lot had just brought in a Car So we drove over to the otherside of the Autocenter. We got there and walked to the back where some of their parking lot attendants we doing this final wipe down off this freshly cleaned car. It was '98 and the Car was a '97 Eagle Talon. We walked to it and he said,
"Boy, I think this is the One"
I turned my head to look at what he was talking about and there sat a Mint condition Dark Red Talon, with the Black Top(of course they all have them) I saw on that car that lived around the corner fron me, and some lightly tinted windows. The rear lights grabbed me pretty good and I imagined it lowered on some new rims. I saw the rear 1st and worked my way around to the front of it. Damn it was just gorgeous, I thought. I got in and the seats felt perfect and Sony stereo sounded decent (although it would soon be replaced). I think it was love at 1st sight. Best of all it was 1 year newer than the one I test dorve and was about $3000 less. I couldn't say no. Obviously everyone has there own opinion but I think a lowered Talon with it's aggressive stock 97+ front end, lowered a couple of inches is one of the best looking cars around.

...and here I am toda

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

To everyone who has a Talon........ [View all] , Will, Jan-10-01 11:41 AM
  RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Tom95Esi, Jan-10-01 01:36 PM, #1
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-10-01 03:14 PM, #2
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, mike_d, Jan-10-01 03:25 PM, #3
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-10-01 03:33 PM, #4
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-10-01 03:42 PM, #5
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Skrilla, Jan-10-01 05:30 PM #6
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, DSMLVR, Jan-10-01 11:08 PM, #7
      RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-11-01 02:34 PM, #8
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-11-01 02:36 PM, #9
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Skrilla, Jan-11-01 03:55 PM, #10
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, DSMLVR, Jan-11-01 11:11 PM, #11
      RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, js99rs, Jan-13-01 05:33 PM, #12
           RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-13-01 06:24 PM, #13
                RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-14-01 07:32 AM, #14
                     RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, js99rs, Jan-15-01 04:41 PM, #15
                          RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-16-01 10:26 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110670 Previous topic | Next topic