Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110670
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: To everyone who has a Talon........" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJan-10-01 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110672, "RE: To everyone who has a Talon........"
In response to In response to 0

Good question....

When I first went looking for this car, I had my eyes set on an eclipse in a very big way. A big thing that I wanted with an eclipse was to have a GS model with the 16" rims. I don't want to pick on any RS owners, but those damn 14" rims were not gonna happen for me. After speaking with the Mitsu dealers and hearing their best offer on the GS (around 18k I think), I decided to go on to the Eagle dealers.

I didn't really like the 95-96 talon looks too much, but I was willing to take a look at least. Then I saw a beautiful 98 red talon in the showroom. Well, it was over. I saw that huge "ring of saturn" like-wing in the back and the extremely aggressive front fascia and I immediately fell in love. That red one was the only one they had(it was an auto and it was red ), so I had to order what I wanted. About 2 weeks later, I had sent to me a drop-dead gorgeous shiny black beast with 16" rims and a rare look that I don't see at all around town.I got this baby in the late summer of 98 for about 15300 that included a 2k rebate since they were trying to get rid of the Talons and thus it was simply a steal.

If I had it to do all over and they both cost the same, I would still pick my talon without even having to think. I realize that it's all personal choice, and I simply love the eclipses and their look, but in my eyes, the 97-98 Talon's agressive features are unequalled. Once I added the 95-96 Side skirts and the 97-98 AWD 17" rims, I really liked the look. Both stock, yet rare. (I'll be going with some aftermarket rims as soon as I can afford em' but all my friends love these)

But even out-of-the-box, I love these looks. My ONLY problem with the eclipse is that they are so popular. People pretty much are really familiar with the car. I don't want to call it "played out" b/c it's still not as rampant as a mustang or a honduh, but it's getting pretty darn close. My talon still gets "what the hell kinda car is that?" look. I love that look!

Oh yeah, one nice thing about my rear end. It doesn't have as much of a restricting cut-out for an exhaust(it really doesn't have any cut-out) which is allowing me to get something different. (I'll post some pics later once it's on) No doubt, the eclipse is beautiful, but my Talon is on a far different level in my own eyes. But that's the wonderful thing about it...

...the eye of the beholder.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

To everyone who has a Talon........ [View all] , Will, Jan-10-01 11:41 AM
  RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Tom95Esi, Jan-10-01 01:36 PM, #1
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-10-01 03:14 PM #2
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, mike_d, Jan-10-01 03:25 PM, #3
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-10-01 03:33 PM, #4
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-10-01 03:42 PM, #5
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Skrilla, Jan-10-01 05:30 PM, #6
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, DSMLVR, Jan-10-01 11:08 PM, #7
      RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-11-01 02:34 PM, #8
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-11-01 02:36 PM, #9
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Skrilla, Jan-11-01 03:55 PM, #10
RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, DSMLVR, Jan-11-01 11:11 PM, #11
      RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, js99rs, Jan-13-01 05:33 PM, #12
           RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-13-01 06:24 PM, #13
                RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-14-01 07:32 AM, #14
                     RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, js99rs, Jan-15-01 04:41 PM, #15
                          RE: To everyone who has a Talon........, jZa, Jan-16-01 10:26 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110670 Previous topic | Next topic