Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6408
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission clanking?? :(" Previous topic | Next topic
upincominMay-25-07 11:24 AM
Member since May 18th 2007
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6408, "Transmission clanking?? :("

Ok, so to make a long story short, on my way to work the other day, I was in 3rd gear, not shifting INTO or OUT OF gear.. just driving, it felt as if something locked up and broke free, felt like downshifting effect w/o noise. From there, there has been a constant clank clank clank noise, is associated with wheel speed, whether IN or OUT of gear it is her. However, more profound when in gear.

We took the car to a hill, in neutral, started to roll, car was OFF. we heard the noise at first, then went quiet as car picked up speed.
NOT the case when on and IN gear.. When im driving now, if its in gear, it makes a clanking noise, clutch in, still makes noise, gear in neutral, near silent.

Possible bad CV Joint?? I just replaced the 2 shafts yesterday (Drivers and Pass.) but ran out of time ti fill transmission fluid. Driving down today (in another car) to Mitsu Dealer near Honalulu, to get the MTX fluid SPEC. for this car. Havent tried driving it since I replaced the shafts. I'm posting because I'm trying to get a head start on it, INCASE it's not fixed, so I can come home and start investigating other options.

If the car is off, in neutral, the only moving parts when rolling are axles and Differential correct? I mean, is there anything else here im forgetting??

**Note, I did lift the car, and had someone SLOWLY put it in gear and get the wheels turning so I could pinpoint noise, seems to becoming from one axle boot to the other includding the DIFF. The noise was too big and loud to pinpoint to one small spot, but it is in any of these 3 parts..

I thank anyone who takes the time to read this and figure it out.
It's a 95 eclipse 5-speed, no swap, all stock. Any other questions to figure out the problem ask, and I'll explain to the best of my knowledge.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission clanking?? :( [View all] , upincomin, May-25-07 11:24 AM
  RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, RoninEclipse2G, May-25-07 01:05 PM, #1
RE: Transmission clanking?? :(/ BIG UPGRADES?!?, upincomin, May-25-07 05:46 PM, #2
      RE: Transmission clanking?? :(/ BIG UPGRADES?!?, RoninEclipse2G, May-26-07 06:26 AM, #3
RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, TeamDR1665, May-26-07 07:49 AM, #4
RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, upincomin, May-26-07 12:16 PM, #5
      RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, upincomin, May-26-07 12:30 PM, #6
      RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-27-07 02:19 AM, #7
           RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, upincomin, May-27-07 12:09 PM, #8
           RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, upincomin, Jun-21-07 07:07 PM, #9
                RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, grain, Jun-24-07 09:36 AM, #10
                     RE: Transmission clanking?? :(, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-24-07 04:38 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6408 Previous topic | Next topic