Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4002
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?" Previous topic | Next topic
1995talonFeb-13-05 11:49 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4008, "RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?"
In response to In response to 1
Feb-13-05 11:56 AM by 1995talon

Originally posted by DarkOne
The rattle is likely the TO bearing. Not serious. The tires spinning is normal. You have a tight bearing on a speed gear. At the worst, it could be seizing. Doubt it, though. You have a clutch hydralics issue - leaking master or slave.

i could understand that the lose pedel and hard shiftin would seem like a leak somewhere,i havent really checked that out yet as ive been bizzy as hell and sick but i havent seen anything leakin on the ground after the mech replaced the headgasket.you very well coudld be right about that and it would be very nice if thats all that it is but what would be couseing the poping,grinding and the drop in rpm's with the car being pulled by the tranny at 1st start up?

also another thing that may help in finding out what is wrong is that when i pulled this tranny off the bad block it wouldnt slip off at all like ive been told that it should.i had to take a scocket and remove the bolts on the flywheel/clutch thur the starter hole leavein the clutch in the tranny housein.and from what ive been told you only need to remove the tranny-block bolts then slip the tranny off with the clutch staying on the flywheel-crank side.the guy told me that sounded like the clutch was jamed on something since it should have slid right off and stayed on the flywheel.

i was going by what i was told about how to remove the tranny from the block and removed the outside bolts that hold it to the block then tried slidin the tranny off hell i even had someone hold the tranny and i pulled on the block hoopin it would give but it didnt so i had to remove the flywheel bolts then it came right off.so what should been the norm way to remove the tranny?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both? [View all] , 1995talon, Feb-13-05 08:43 AM
  RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-13-05 09:12 AM, #1
RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?, 1995talon, Feb-13-05 11:49 AM #2
      RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-14-05 04:12 AM, #3
           RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?, 1995talon, Feb-15-05 01:16 AM, #4
                RE: have 95talon 420a MT,is this Tranny,clutch or both?, 1995talon, Feb-15-05 01:53 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4002 Previous topic | Next topic