Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4481
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shaking and Jutting" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipticFuryNov-12-08 12:56 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2008
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4481, "Shaking and Jutting"

1998 Eclipse GS, 100,000 miles No mods, not raced or ragged out

For the past three weeks, I've somewhat been having some trouble with my car. I'm not very mechanical, so I will try to describe this the best that I can.

When I try to accelerate (more than very very slowly) the car starts to shake and won't accelerate or shift. You have to release the gas for it to stop shaking and try again. Most of the time this happens while going around 50 mph. (If you slow down to 50, then try to speed back up, it'll start shaking and won't speed up.) It does the same if you're going up an incline at any speed. As far as I know it only seems to do this when its in 2-3 gear. Very rarely 1st, and never in the 4th.

In just the past few days while stopped at a light the car seems to want to launch forward, like it was hit from behind. ( Always have to look and make sure I wasn't hit because that's how it feels! )

The fluids are fine as far as I've checked., though we're going to perform a flush this weekend anyways just in case its something hiding in there.

So right now I've looking for some suggestions to check before I take it to the shop and drop down a load of cash.

I really appreciate any and all help that I can get.

Thank you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Shaking and Jutting [View all] , EclipticFury, Nov-12-08 12:56 PM
  RE: Shaking and Jutting, shybuck, Nov-15-08 02:56 PM, #1
RE: Shaking and Jutting, dalesmitsu, Nov-16-08 01:50 PM, #2
      RE: Shaking and Jutting, EclipticFury, Nov-16-08 03:39 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4481 Previous topic | Next topic