Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #845
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..." Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMar-24-02 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#850, "RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..."
In response to In response to 4

Yeah I have some special suspension setup to get me all the oversteer that a drifter demands haha that sound so korny. I have KYB AGX adjustable shox. What I do is set the front to the lowest setting and the rear to the highest setting. This setup makes the weight trasnfer to the front very quickly lightening the back and making it over steer. I'm pretty good at ebrake drifting but now my next trick to master is left foot braking drifting like I mentioned above I can make the car drift without using the ebrake which is a pretty cool. I plan on getting a fatter rear sway bar in the future so that way I can fine tune the shock setup, even with the setup I'm using right now I can still get mega understeer. oh yeah haha I use some Dunlop Qualifiers that are 205/40/16s. haha yup you heard right 40 series, so the tire and wheel look like 14s! They give like really poor traction so I stuck em on the rear and it's drift o rama. I'm planning to get some steel 14inchers from the junkyard sometime and use those instead

WHat Japanese FF Drifters do in japan is basically do what I did with the crappy rear tires and they toe out the rear suspension. Haha I don't want crappy alignment and I don't have money to get alignment done all the time so I just use the regular toe settings. Haha you should see some of those FF drift cars they're hella battled out. Slide Squad dave used to have an old flat black EF-9 civic but now he has an 86. I have this one option video where this guy drifts his EF-9 haha it's pretty cool he just swing that thing around a corner and it drifts and it looks good too.

Haha I tried the setting in GT3 and they work too!

Hmm I guess what really got me into drifting was Initial D. I used to drift in GT1 but I realized that drifting was more flashy than fast, but Initial D showed me that it could be fast. Drifting is fast when you drift with minimal countersteer and know what turns drifting will be faster and gripping will be faster. Then I see these movies online of crazy japanese drifters busting these long as drifts. Then when I got the eclipse I used to do these little ebrake tricks and stuff, then I graduated to ebrake drifting, and now left foot brake drifts. Haha oh yeah I got the RS before I watched Initial D so that's why I'm driftin and FF car now hehe. But after I watched the EG6 battle in Initial D I was like wow an FF car can really drift. And till this day I'm on a mission to show an FF car can drift. Haha I ran into a problem though everyone thinks I have an AWD eclipse! haha one guy at the drift event asks me "He nice sliding AWD? I'm like nope Front" and he all cool. A lot of people at the autoxes think I'm AWD also. I guess it could be a compliment but making a FF car bust nice drifts like the FR cars is a bigger accomplishment. I was the only FF car drifting that day also

Oh yeah haha to make sure people don't think I'm a GSX I made some cutomized mangnets that say FF-Drifter and FWDrifter on it. Then people will know bwahaha. I wish people would get a clue though it's an ugly eclipse with no wing and a RS sticker in the back.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering... [View all] , babybeclipse, Mar-21-02 10:37 AM
  RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., vegasdsmr, Mar-21-02 06:44 PM, #1
RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-21-02 06:49 PM, #2
RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-23-02 02:20 AM, #3
      RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-24-02 03:21 AM, #4
           RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-24-02 09:34 AM #5
                RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-24-02 10:55 AM, #6
                     RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-24-02 02:44 PM, #7
                     RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-25-02 01:49 AM, #8
                          RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Mar-25-02 09:03 AM, #9
                               RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Mar-25-02 09:25 AM, #10
                                    RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-25-02 12:36 PM, #11
                                         RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-25-02 02:34 PM, #12
                                              RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Mar-25-02 03:26 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-25-02 07:12 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-26-02 02:05 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Mar-26-02 05:51 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-26-02 09:35 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-26-02 11:31 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-26-02 11:45 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-26-02 11:22 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-27-02 02:52 AM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Mar-28-02 02:29 AM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-28-02 04:58 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Mar-28-02 06:39 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Mar-28-02 08:52 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Apr-01-02 01:32 AM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Thunderous_Talon, Apr-01-02 02:12 AM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Apr-01-02 04:23 AM, #28
                                                                                                                              RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Apr-02-02 08:31 AM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Apr-02-02 02:13 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                        RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., theallpowerfulme, Apr-02-02 03:23 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                        RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Apr-03-02 07:58 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                        RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., babybeclipse, Apr-04-02 08:07 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                        RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., HadesOmega, Apr-08-02 12:42 PM, #34
                     RE: Another Drifter! Hey HadesOmega just wondering..., Diceman19, Apr-04-03 08:36 AM, #35

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #845 Previous topic | Next topic