Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5742
View in linear mode

Subject: "Racing Regulations?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
KnightHawk434thFeb-24-08 02:14 PM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5742, "Racing Regulations?"

This is kind o off topic compared to all the other posts in here, but I have a few quick questions regarding regs at the track.

1) I might be having my mother sign the title of my car over to me sometime soon, since she wants it out of her name before I hit the drag strip. Is there a specific type of insurance required to participate? Or can any legal/valid policy be used? Like is there a certain type, or some part of coverage that is required before you hit the track?

2) IF (and only IF) the title doesn't get signed over to me at this time, will they let me participate driving a vehicle that isn't registered in my name, but yet I am a driver with a valid license and am covered under the insurance policy on the car as a driver?

3) My mother seems to believe that once my insurance company finds out that I'm racing (even if it is in a legal, sanctioned raceway) that they will cancel my policy. This doesn't seem to be practical, but I'll cover my bases now...true/false?

Sorry for the off the wall questions, but I just want to see what I need to do to be able to legally participate. Thanks in advance.

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Racing Regulations? [View all] , KnightHawk434th, Feb-24-08 02:14 PM
  RE: Racing Regulations?, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-24-08 02:43 PM, #1
RE: Racing Regulations?, KnightHawk434th, Feb-24-08 04:07 PM, #2
      RE: Racing Regulations?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-28-08 07:49 PM, #3
           RE: Racing Regulations?, yzrider, Apr-09-08 02:16 PM, #4
RE: Racing Regulations?, loki, Feb-10-10 10:43 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5742 Previous topic | Next topic