Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5742
View in linear mode

Subject: "Racing Regulations?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
KnightHawk434thFeb-24-08 02:14 PM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5742, "Racing Regulations?"

This is kind o off topic compared to all the other posts in here, but I have a few quick questions regarding regs at the track.

1) I might be having my mother sign the title of my car over to me sometime soon, since she wants it out of her name before I hit the drag strip. Is there a specific type of insurance required to participate? Or can any legal/valid policy be used? Like is there a certain type, or some part of coverage that is required before you hit the track?

2) IF (and only IF) the title doesn't get signed over to me at this time, will they let me participate driving a vehicle that isn't registered in my name, but yet I am a driver with a valid license and am covered under the insurance policy on the car as a driver?

3) My mother seems to believe that once my insurance company finds out that I'm racing (even if it is in a legal, sanctioned raceway) that they will cancel my policy. This doesn't seem to be practical, but I'll cover my bases now...true/false?

Sorry for the off the wall questions, but I just want to see what I need to do to be able to legally participate. Thanks in advance.

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Moderatorcs82685Feb-24-08 02:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5743, "RE: Racing Regulations?"
In response to Reply # 0

A little info from my experience and what I've heard.

Registration - doesn't matter, I took my car and it's registered in my fathers name, they don't look at registration, just make sure you have a valid license.

Insurance - as far as I know, no company will cover an damage caused in an accident on the track, don't see them stopping coverage though just because you've taken your car to the track. On a side note, there's rumors about geico reps etc. going to tracks and checking vins then cancelling policies or some BS, that's only what I've heard online so take it with a grain of salt

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

KnightHawk434thFeb-24-08 04:07 PM
Member since May 14th 2007
149 posts,
#5744, "RE: Racing Regulations?"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool, thanks for that info. That is what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% for sure. I also do not understand how/why they would cancel insurance policies for participating in LEGAL SANCTIONED races. Now if you were to get busted for street racing, that is a different story. I'm looking to jump on the wagon with All-State, so perhaps I should ask them for more detailed information regarding the issue. Thanks again. If anyone else can share some details in reference to insurance and such who have gone to the track a time or two, that'd be great. Trying to gather more information on this before summertime.

-Ben
Black 1999 RS

Basic mods and a South Bend OFE-SS Clutch
~150bhp.....for now!

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-28-08 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#5745, "RE: Racing Regulations?"
In response to Reply # 2

You'll be fine. Been to Osceola a few times and never had any problems whatsoever. Easy as having a valid license and paying the entry fee, then taking your turn.

I contributed to the Wiki.

yzriderApr-09-08 02:16 PM
Member since Apr 09th 2008
19 posts,
#5801, "RE: Racing Regulations?"
In response to Reply # 3

You wouldnt see anyone at the tracks if policies were being cancelled for heading out to the track. Everyone would be too afraid to run em there.

lokiFeb-10-10 10:43 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2010
1 posts,
#6137, "RE: Racing Regulations?"
In response to Reply # 0

well, it depends on the track and insurance company.
I can personally say Speedworld in Whitman AZ doesnt even require a liscense. as for insurance its not their buisnesss what you do, just like with engine mods, ill do whatever and they cant say anything about it.
In the place i was in, All you needed was safety equipment,*long sleeves, jeans, helmet* and to an extent even those were optional , you didnt need a helmet till like 14 seconds. just so long as you keep that in mind and pass inspection you should be good to go. HAVE FUN AND SEND TIMESLIPS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5742 Previous topic | Next topic