Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5303
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-10-06 08:21 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5303, "Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"

would like some tech advice about how launch an Nt AtX w/ CAI 3inch exhaust.

My brother and did a head to head the other night.wanted to see how good my DSM is to his Mx6
I pulled my ebrake to an spin my tires to warm'em abit, and released it to take off. Well, my take off was pretty decent, but my young bro in his Mx6 was sit'n spinning I got about two lenghts on him.
This was done as for practice, there was no traffic its next to a strip we're going this SATURDAY. He wants see if he show me(my DSM) up. His Mx6 is an 5spd and mines an AtX, and his mazda is stock except for aloud exhaust and mines with an full CAI system.
I told him that he'll get two/three seconds on me from launch thats about it.

I'm curious here,he our both rides are the same 2.0 DOHC rated 140 hhp stock but My 97 DSM will have 30 to 50 extra HP from my Injen full CAI. Now is this true 30-50 xtra HP WOW...

I'm doing all my stuff on the track, so I some will tell I'm very bad.
So, this going the right way / not wrong.
I've read about the use of an E-brake for auto, and then releasing it to launch or rotate the steering wheel for a burnout.

Oh, this was in superstreet.

Some semi/pro advice for a Newbs 1st run tech. for an NT auto would very heplful.

Thanks for the tip about the waterbox that'll be useful

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones [View all] , dalesmitsu, Aug-10-06 08:21 PM
  RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Remy, Aug-11-06 02:34 AM, #1
RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-11-06 05:29 PM, #2
      RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-14-06 12:51 PM, #3
           RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-14-06 03:55 PM, #4
                RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Malenko, Aug-16-06 01:30 PM, #5
                     RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-19-06 04:50 PM, #6
                          RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-26-06 07:30 AM, #7
                               RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-26-06 10:37 AM, #8
                                    RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, CarbonFiberRST, Aug-31-06 05:22 PM, #9
                                         RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, burntheblobs, Sep-19-06 09:00 AM, #10
                                              RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, TeamAvenger, Oct-02-06 05:50 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Graph-X, Oct-04-06 02:16 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5303 Previous topic | Next topic