Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5303
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-10-06 08:21 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5303, "Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"

would like some tech advice about how launch an Nt AtX w/ CAI 3inch exhaust.

My brother and did a head to head the other night.wanted to see how good my DSM is to his Mx6
I pulled my ebrake to an spin my tires to warm'em abit, and released it to take off. Well, my take off was pretty decent, but my young bro in his Mx6 was sit'n spinning I got about two lenghts on him.
This was done as for practice, there was no traffic its next to a strip we're going this SATURDAY. He wants see if he show me(my DSM) up. His Mx6 is an 5spd and mines an AtX, and his mazda is stock except for aloud exhaust and mines with an full CAI system.
I told him that he'll get two/three seconds on me from launch thats about it.

I'm curious here,he our both rides are the same 2.0 DOHC rated 140 hhp stock but My 97 DSM will have 30 to 50 extra HP from my Injen full CAI. Now is this true 30-50 xtra HP WOW...

I'm doing all my stuff on the track, so I some will tell I'm very bad.
So, this going the right way / not wrong.
I've read about the use of an E-brake for auto, and then releasing it to launch or rotate the steering wheel for a burnout.

Oh, this was in superstreet.

Some semi/pro advice for a Newbs 1st run tech. for an NT auto would very heplful.

Thanks for the tip about the waterbox that'll be useful

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Remy, Aug-11-06 02:34 AM, #1
RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-11-06 05:29 PM, #2
      RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-14-06 12:51 PM, #3
           RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-14-06 03:55 PM, #4
                RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Malenko, Aug-16-06 01:30 PM, #5
                     RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-19-06 04:50 PM, #6
                          RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, eclipse_gs_1512, Aug-26-06 07:30 AM, #7
                               RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, dalesmitsu, Aug-26-06 10:37 AM, #8
                                    RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, CarbonFiberRST, Aug-31-06 05:22 PM, #9
                                         RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, burntheblobs, Sep-19-06 09:00 AM, #10
                                              RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, TeamAvenger, Oct-02-06 05:50 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones, Graph-X, Oct-04-06 02:16 AM, #12

RemyAug-11-06 02:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5304, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
My 97 DSM will have 30 to 50 extra HP from my Injen full CAI. Now is this true 30-50 xtra HP WOW...

More like 5hp gain on that cold air intake.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuAug-11-06 05:29 PM
986 posts,
#5305, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I know that but shhh.. don't tel that my brother lol

dalesmitsuAug-14-06 12:51 PM
986 posts,
#5306, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 2

Anyone else

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-14-06 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5307, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 3

Um.....I agree with Remy?

I'd like to help but I have never even driven an Auto DSM. And automatics are pretty specific to each vehicle. With sticks you can transfer generalities, but not with autos. Too many variables between models etc. I suspect that because there are so few auto dsm racers, that others are in the same boat as I am. We'd like to help but aren't informed enough on the auto.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

MalenkoAug-16-06 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#5314, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 4

ummm push the gas pedal and see what happens? our ATX sucks sooooo much power away from our cars.

dalesmitsuAug-19-06 04:50 PM
986 posts,
#5320, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 5

well, I've done that, my take is pretty good against my bros MX6.
He's left behind spinning his wheels, but what I'm after is about the launch.
I've tried the e-brake thing, pull ebrake way back and put my left foot on the brake pedal, rev'ed up the tach litlle bit pass 6000 rpm but not into the redline. I slowly released my foot off the brakepedal, and slowly released the ebrake. At the time, I've thought I heared my wheels spin but probably not but I did notice a burning smell from when I released the e-brake.

Could someone explain more launchin tips. Would be real great.

dalesmitsu, "put more GO, with the show"

"SLOW is NO OPTION" this should be Team 2gnt slogan.

eclipse_gs_1512Aug-26-06 07:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#5326, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 6

Just out of curiosity, how many younger brothers do/did you have? Because in another thread you claimed that your younger brother killed himself.

2007 wrx

dalesmitsuAug-26-06 10:37 AM
986 posts,
#5327, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-26-06 10:38 AM by dalesmitsu

Thanks for asking,

I have four younger brothers, one who killed himself is my real bro. same mom/dad. Other are my half brothers, same mo different dad. I also, and older sister too.

Well, I grew up with the one who pasted on. I lived in MI all my life, and didn't really my MOm that much, when I was younger. But I did visit her during the summer sometimes. So, when I was older I've decided that I had enough with Michigan. Move to the Buckeye state, its actually like Michigan, but except the towns are spread out more.
Plus, the I live now is within driving distance to Dragstrips and not far from Summitracing for parts.

Whats real cool about this tiny town I live in, is during the DSM Shootout in August, they have festival and car show last day.

All takes place week of my birthday lol.. yippie

I gave in, Please if anyone interested check out my ride, rate it, give advice, and don't forget to sign my guest book. Cardomain.com dalesmitsu

Thanks for your question. peace

CarbonFiberRSTAug-31-06 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#5332, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 8

NT and AT... the best advice on launching is Don't. Just drive it and enjoy it.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

burntheblobsSep-19-06 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#5361, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 9

Spinning street tires does nothing but ruin your tread. If you have slicks you'd want to warm those guys up, not street tires.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

TeamAvengerOct-02-06 05:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#5380, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 10

Power brake (brake all the way down, part throttle) till 2200 rpm and then hold it there. Release brake, push throttle pedal to the floor. Wait till you cross the line. That's it. Unless you upgrade to a higher stall TQ converter (which really won't net you anything right now).

To decrease the power slug known as the ATX look up the final drive mod for the Auto trans. That should help give the car some needed pep. Not alot but it'll help (more than most other mods will).

Also no back to back runs without ample cool down. Heat kills the ATX.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Graph-XOct-04-06 02:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#5381, "RE: Need some launching tips DSM nt..Atx Accurate ones"
In response to Reply # 11

Am I the only one that remembers some launch tips (for both trannys) being on the front page FAQ?

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=General#19

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5303 Previous topic | Next topic